US Open 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time it was a Wawrinka-Robredo GS R4 encounter, Wawrinka had the R3 walkover (Pospisil at AO this year).

Getting serious deja vu at the moment. It's almost worth boarding the Wawrinka USO train actually.

Last edited:

Robredo was just great after the first set, nick had his chances in the third, but could not capitalise.

Nick came forward a bit today and I think he would have won only 25% at net. Needs to improve that part of his game a bit.

Definitely needs to work on conditioning, rasheed wouldn't be bad for this aspect of his game.

Still love watching nick play though.

I hope the body holds up and he plays quite a few ATP tournaments throughout the Asian swing and the indoor European season.

I have a feeling we won't see him in Europe given he won't make direct entry for Paris but we'll see.

EDIT: Just seen his schedule on his website, he's down for all 3 weeks of Europe as well. No way he plays all that.

Last edited:
Another GS for Stan would be massive. Could disseminate the term "The Big 4"

God it shat me this morning when the idiot commentators were saying Kyrgios was 'disrespecting the US Open' when he played the trick shot in the third set.

I would say the standard of their calling is disrespectful to the game.

God it shat me this morning when the idiot commentators were saying Kyrgios was 'disrespecting the US Open' when he played the trick shot in the third set.

I would say the standard of their calling is disrespectful to the game.
I always criticise Fred Stolle, but bloody hell these American twats are useless.

Some good matches tonight.

I have Errani vs Lucic, Simon vs Ferrer, Anderson vs Cilic, Woz vs Sharapova, Granollers vs Fed, Safarova vs Peng, Monfils vs Gasquet and Goffin vs Dimitrov. Don't expect any of them to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate it. He always gets himself into 40 shot rallies, when he's got the firepower to smack a winner down the line. Just doesn't work against the better players in the world

Classic retriever. To feature consistently as one of the top 20 best players in the world without any major weapons is testament to his discipline and mental strength.

Same goes for Ferrer.

Classic retriever. To feature consistently as one of the top 20 best players in the world without any major weapons is testament to his discipline and mental strength.

Same goes for Ferrer.
He fell out of the top 20 earlier this year. In fact, his ranking has been all over the place throughout his career. Top 20 one month then 30 the next. Spent less than two years in the top 20 when he was at his peak (9th). Ferrer has been in the top 10 for four years running and for about a year between 2007-2008. He's been way more consistent than Simon.

Pretty cool win by Bencic as well yesterday with a win over Jankovic. One of Bencic, Peng, Wozinacki or Errani to make the final.

Dellacqua just come out to start her 4th round on Ashe, hope she does well.

Again, another big thumbs down for Foxtel, don't even show the end of the Dimitrov match yesterday, so f***ing lazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back