US Open 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

That's just as bad, youve tipped the 2 best players on either side AND you havent even tried to guess who they will be facing

of course I picked the best players :D it doesn't make a sense to pick people who will be out after a couple of games :)
hm, let's say Djokovic will play with Wawrinka and Sharapova will play with Li Na :)

Lol Raonic....you serious. The bloke is a lug and won't beat any of the top 5. Azarenka and Sharapova are likely to be on the same half from memory, although the matchup wouldn't surprise me.
Do people have to agree with everything you say or something? someone rates Raonic so be it just because you don't it doesn't mean others don't have to follow.

Do people have to agree with everything you say or something? someone rates Raonic so be it just because you don't it doesn't mean others don't have to follow.

It won't happen this year, he doesn't have the game. You can quote me on that. There is a better chance of Wawrinka (even though he fluked his way to a Slam) than Raonic servebotting his way to a US Open when he will have to beat Novak, Murray, Federer, Nadal...not to mention Gasquet, Berydch, etc. It won't happen, he doesn't have the all court game to beat the top 5.

It won't happen this year, he doesn't have the game. You can quote me on that. There is a better chance of Wawrinka (even though he fluked his way to a Slam) than Raonic servebotting his way to a US Open when he will have to beat Novak, Murray, Federer, Nadal...not to mention Gasquet, Berydch, etc. It won't happen, he doesn't have the all court game to beat the top 5.
You realise Raonic just made it to the Wimbledon semis and could have won the trophy facing just Fed and Djokovich?

You realise Raonic just made it to the Wimbledon semis and could have won the trophy facing just Fed and Djokovich?

Only after Nadal flopped and he wasn't even close against Fed. Exactly my point there is a massive gap between the top 4 (plus Murray) and a servebot Raonic

Lol Raonic....you serious. The bloke is a lug and won't beat any of the top 5. Azarenka and Sharapova are likely to be on the same half from memory, although the matchup wouldn't surprise me.

You under estimate him in my opinion.

Who are you predicting?

You under estimate him in my opinion.

Who are you predicting?

Honestly? Nadal/Djokovic with Dimitrov the wildcard in the mens. Don't see Federer going that deep and Murray would need a soft draw as he won't have the top 4 seed luxury.

The women, depends how Serena's injury is. Assuming she is 100% fit she wins, if not I'm tipping Bouchard to break through.

I'm not sure Rafa will make the final. It's obviously very early but given the way he's playing this year I think he's very, very vulnerable to big hitters/servers, something that will be exacerbated on these courts.

You can never write him off but my gut at the moment says he won't be there. I actually don't think Milos is that bad a bet. Much more than just a servebot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Nadal potentially out of the US Open with a wrist injury, I reckon this opens it right up for Djokovic to win.

Novak has all the chances to win US Open this year as well as Australian Open 2015, but I really would like him to win RG - the one that is not in his title list yet :)

Surely there was a more deserving Australian wildcard than Tomic?

More deserving than someone who won a title in last 2 months? No, there was not.

Rafa is out. :(

Posted this on his facebook:

I am very sorry to announce I won’t be able to play at this year’s US Open a tournament on which I’ve played 3 consecutive finals in my last participations. I am sure you understand that it is a very tough moment for me since it is a tournament I love and where I have great memories from fans, the night matches, so many things… Not much more I can do right now, other than accept the situation and, as always in my case, work hard in order to be able to compete at the highest level once I am back.

It was more than likely, so it isn't shocking, pretty much locks Djokovic for the year-end world no. 1 now.

I'm surprised because I thought it was just a niggle he was getting 100% right for New York. It's a huge opportunity missed given the state of his competition at the moment. Even having never defended a title off clay in his career, I probably would've picked him as the favourite.

Damn not good that Rafa is out. I assume the wrist injury is only a short term thing and he will be back soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back