Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

On the phone with Qantas now, seeing what options they have and pricing, if its not cheaper than $400 AUD then I aint doing it. It is still cheaper than going ADL-MEL-NY LA-MEL-ADL

check what is cost to go

ADL - MEL - DAL - JFK that may work out a cheaper option for you.

as I believe Qantas now fly to Dallas direct from Mel or Syd

check what is cost to go

ADL - MEL - DAL - JFK that may work out a cheaper option for you.

as I believe Qantas now fly to Dallas direct from Mel or Syd
Too much apparently. They suggested just using an American carrier. so basically 370ish for either JetBlue at 10:55 or United at 10:25. Tempted to take the slightly more expensive but better domestic airline in JetBlue. Gives me an extra 30mins too just incase.

Too much apparently. They suggested just using an American carrier. so basically 370ish for either JetBlue at 10:55 or United at 10:25. Tempted to take the slightly more expensive but better domestic airline in JetBlue. Gives me an extra 30mins too just incase.

Nice - we went to New York last christmas. * it was cold but well worth it.

If they will sell you the early connection, I would grab that as getting out of JFK can be a very long process.

Nice - we went to New York last christmas. **** it was cold but well worth it.

If they will sell you the early connection, I would grab that as getting out of JFK can be a very long process.
As far as I know it would have been like $500+ the way he was talking. Because the flights are filling up etc, so no point. JetBlue at 10:55 seems the best, arrives at 7:15 - should make it to the hotel by 9:30. Just going to Taxi it.

As far as I know it would have been like $500+ the way he was talking. Because the flights are filling up etc, so no point. JetBlue at 10:55 seems the best, arrives at 7:15 - should make it to the hotel by 9:30. Just going to Taxi it.

7:15 pm - do it. That will give you plenty of time.

My midnight comment was based on a 9 pm arrival into JFK.

Plus a taxi has a flat rate from FK to the city. I think it's $50 (maybe)

7:15 pm - do it. That will give you plenty of time.

My midnight comment was based on a 9 pm arrival into JFK.

Plus a taxi has a flat rate from FK to the city. I think it's $50 (maybe)
60 I think, but yeah, JetBlue gives "unlimited snacks and drinks". Compared to Uniteds water probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently on a megabus from DC to Knoxville. **** the wifi sucks on here! Barely able to post this!
I used MegaBus all through the east coast of America and didn't have a single issue with wifi. Strange.

60 I think, but yeah, JetBlue gives "unlimited snacks and drinks". Compared to Uniteds water probably.

JetBlue were by far the best domestic airline I used in North America. Their service is excellent, flights were very cheap and every flight I used had complementary cable TV behind each seat. During bowl season of college football, this turned out to be extremely handy.

I used MegaBus all through the east coast of America and didn't have a single issue with wifi. Strange.

JetBlue were by far the best domestic airline I used in North America. Their service is excellent, flights were very cheap and every flight I used had complementary cable TV behind each seat. During bowl season of college football, this turned out to be extremely handy.
It was fine in the north east. Went to s**t south of DC

That's alright. Try greyhound, you'll just be thankful you didn't get mugged at one of their dodgy stations, before jumping on one of there 50 year old buses!
Lol yeah Knoxville greyhound station is in a very seedy part of town. Apparently somebody got stabbed just outside it a few months ago.

NBA Schedule for 2014/15 is now out

Got my tickets for Celtics v Philly in Boston for March 16, not a massive clash i know but its the only Boston game i could get to on the first leg of our honeymoon.

alright so the honeymoon is all booked in!

Boston: 2 nights - literally just going for the basketball. will do some walking around during the day, open to suggestions.
New York: 6 nights - been before but still missed a few things last time
Orlando: 12 nights - doing Disney, Universal, Sea World etc. So 12 days should be enough.
Vegas: 4 nights - keen to see some shows, any suggestions?
Hawaii: 4 nights
Fiji: 4 nights

Really excited, can't wait to get over there, got to wait till March 2015 though :(

O at Bellagio is excellent, but you probably can't go too wrong with any of the Cirque de Soleil shows.

Make sure you get down to Fremont St one night.

we are actually staying at the Bellagio so that is handy to know!

how far is fremont street from the main strip?

Well done. The accommodation there is great ... even in the cheapest rooms!

You certainly won't want to try walking there, but it's not all that far away by car/taxi or bus. Obviously time of day/night and traffic will play a part. We used one of the bus services on Halloween night and it was maybe 25 minutes.

Just to clarify it's the Fremont Street Experience you'll want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont_Street_Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back