Social User Names

Remove this Banner Ad

Am a big fan of The Cat Empire as a group, and love Al Stewart's Year Of The Cat. Would have chosen one of those. It's off season and not sure if this is taboo, but is anyone else intrigued by some of our BF user names. Could be some interesting stories behind the choice of these names.

FWIW, as Candiehappy is aware, I 've always loved Volkswagons, we have 3 in our family, I aim to own a hot Kombi one day, and the initials of surname are v and w. The reason for the capital letters is when I started using computers, in 2008, invariably left the caps lock on. Hence VEEDUBS.

Any bites?

I've seen a few and always wondered how they came upon their username.
Nothing exciting from me though, Yummy is my nickname and 6 is/was my playing number.

and the initials of surname are v and w. The reason for the capital letters is when I started using computers, invariably left the caps lock on. Hence VEEDUBS.

Any bites?

Dutch ??? !!!!

I started here in 2005
Ran a vineyard at the time and in tandem with that amongst my wine drinking friends at the time there was a movement (jokingly) to go back to drinking champagne out of a coupe.

And I can only assume that's where it came from.
Here's the normal champagne flute and a coupe. Far more dignified :)

media.nl
glassware-champagne-coupe-full.jpg

Nothing special here,logged in to Big Footy to join up, was asked to submit a user name and after about eight or ten rejects with names already allocated I cracked the shits and typed in, you pick one,
Moral of the story never argue with a machine.

ha ha, excellent.
And what would have been your first one from memory? _me_ ?

To let you know how computer naiive I am/was, when I first joined, I noticed some posts by Darren Forssman, who I quite liked as a player, and I really thought it was him posting!

Nothing special here,logged in to Big Footy to join up, was asked to submit a user name and after about eight or ten rejects with names already allocated I cracked the shits and typed in, you pick one,
Moral of the story never argue with a machine.
that is special!

The simple part...

My first name is Kris, and my favorite number is 14.

Krisholio comes from two places, one, being a Beavis and Butthead fan, and in particular The Great Cornholio, and two, a bit of fun we decided to have at a place I was working at during the 1998 World Cup (the soccer one).

With quite a few of the boys being of European extraction, they decided that we should all take on Brazilian soccer style names for the duration of the tournament. So for about 6 weeks there I was Krisholio. And it stuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually was trying to type Bet hard and thanks to predictive text wound up as Beth. Then as I had always dressed in my mothers clothes and secretly wondered what it would be like to be a chick I just went with it....

My middle name is Elizabeth but that's not very exciting.

The simple part...

My first name is Kris, and my favorite number is 14.

Krisholio comes from two places....

And here I was believing that Kris Holio was your real name until you set me straight at the Corner pub in Richmond recently.

I worked at an Engineering company in Breakwater (East of Geelong) as a welder about 20 years ago. In the winter I used to wear an open face balaclava while welding.

One of the other welders' whose nickname was Pebbles (may be known to many in the Corio area) nick named me "Rabbi" as he thought that I looked like one with the balaclava on. I have worked at three Engineering companies in the last 20 years and Pebbles has ended up working at them too. So the nick name just stuck.

Frankly, I enjoy the odd pork chop too much to ever consider being a Rabbi.

(You know it's the dreaded off season when threads like this amuse us. And it is! ;) )

Been the oozeboss (often shortened just to ooze, but always entirely lower case as I'm an informal sort of bloke) for about 15 years now. It started at a gaming tournament in Canberra that I was running when somebody came to a gaggle of us and asked, "Who's boss of this show?"

I replied "Ooze boss I am", and it stuck.

(As things so often tend to do when they bump into any ooze.)

I worked at an Engineering company in Breakwater (East of Geelong) as a welder about 20 years ago. In the winter I used to wear an open face balaclava while welding.

One of the other welders' whose nickname was Pebbles (may be known to many in the Corio area) nick named me "Rabbi" as he thought that I looked like one with the balaclava on. I have worked at three Engineering companies in the last 20 years and Pebbles has ended up working at them too. So the nick name just stuck.

Frankly, I enjoy the odd pork chop too much to ever consider being a Rabbi.

Hmmmm. know how to tig weld C194?
Sorry for the side track peoples :)

Everyone seems to think my username is some kind of ultra serious morbid statement relating to my view of the world or something, but in reality its just two songs "Lifespan" and "Void" from Ed Rush & Optical's Wormhole album. I used it on internet chat about 11 years ago, and liked the sound of it so kept it.

http://www.discogs.com/Ed-Rush-Optical-Wormhole/release/22025

Some of you won't like mine, but.....

Character First is a Christian program that Frank Costa used to revolutionize the way his company operated.

He used the programs principles to transform the way he developed his people in business, and he used it as a training tool for many people and levels of the Costa Group. In fact, if you go onto their website, you will notice that the first page has a quote about the importance of character - "when nature, technology and great character come together, something unique is created"

I noticed that when he became President of Geelong, he used the same principles (may have used the program as well) to help re-set the culture of the GFC.

To this day, character is something the GFC hold in high regard - they look to involve people of character, and create an environment for character to develop and flourish.

This is the thing I love most about my club - that they have succeeded while maintaining character (they are not perfect of course). I want them to stand true to their principles in every area; and I want the principles to be upstanding ones.

So, I thought I would use that name as a bit of a tribute to some of the foundation on which our revived club now stands. Hence - CharacterFirst!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back