FTA-TV Utopia

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watching this? Being jizzed all over and getting rave reviews. Dubbed "the best British TV show for years".

Haven't seen it myself yet, will take a look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(TV_series)

Have watched first 3 episodes and really like it. Interesting premise and pretty violent, has great scope IMO, highly recommend to date and I'm not a big fan of British media.

I've read and heard it's pretty intense and can be quite dark, with graphic violence. More so than shows like The Sopranos, Dexter, Breaking Bad. However the story is strong enough that you want to keep watching and can't wait for the next ep.

It's still on my To Watch list, got a busy week so I aim to see it over the weekend.

Just finished the second season of this. It is a very intense show, but also quite brilliant.

I thought this forum would have been all over a show like this, but only 3 posts in this original thread.

Anyone else watching it?

Just finished the second season of this. It is a very intense show, but also quite brilliant.

I thought this forum would have been all over a show like this, but only 3 posts in this original thread.

Anyone else watching it?
For some shows you need to go elsewhere to discuss them
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2042287
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/159/ootv/utopia-new-british-series-channel-4-a-1290520/

I tried to watch the first ep last year but found it a struggle to get through. I might give it another go.

Great show. Watched both seasons in the last month or so and can't wait for a third.

Could see that Wilson was going to become Mr Rabbit once Milner died but really don't know how he gets the 'vaccine' out there now and how far he'll go.

Would've loved the end scene to Arby waking up and asking 'Where is Jessica Hyde?'

Love the dp btw Sozabarus

For some shows you need to go elsewhere to discuss them
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2042287
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/159/ootv/utopia-new-british-series-channel-4-a-1290520/

I tried to watch the first ep last year but found it a struggle to get through. I might give it another go.
I recommend giving it another shot. It's a show you need to give attention to as their is a fair bit to sink in. Once you're in though you'll be hooked.

One of the best shows I've watched the last few years.

Haven't seen season 2 yet, but will do eventually. Really enjoyed season 1.

I read somewhere that HBO are doing an American re-make. The fact that it's HBO means there's at least a chance it'll be decent.
Not sure if it needs a remake, but I am a fan of HBO so hopefully they don't * it up.

Really enjoyed it. Not too sure about the ending and where they will be taking the show. Love the contrast of all the bright colours against such a bleak story line.

Not too sure about where the show will go. I guess we have gone past the comic and the question about what to do about over population. Feel like it is moving towards more of a conspiracy story line. I enjoyed the ethical questions of the first season but doesn't feel like they have fleshed that one out. [/spolier]

Great show. Watched both seasons in the last month or so and can't wait for a third.

Could see that Wilson was going to become Mr Rabbit once Milner died but really don't know how he gets the 'vaccine' out there now and how far he'll go.

Would've loved the end scene to Arby waking up and asking 'Where is Jessica Hyde?'

Love the dp btw Sozabarus
You hear him mention at the very end that you don't need an actual outbreak just the fear of one. So i presume he will get some people sick and try and create a mass panic to get the vaccine out. I guess the question is, does he care that only the Romany will be able to breed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity, although I guess it was for the best. I did feel they were compromising the story line just to keep the thing going.

Better to a remember a show where every season was brilliant than to remember a show that went one season too many.

Wow surely this had another few years left at least, baffling decision. I did think season 1 was better than season 2, but that's not to say s2 was in any way bad, s1 was just the best thing I had seen in years. Actually the first episode of season 2 with the flashback to the origins of The Network was all kinds of awesome too.

Oh well hope the Fincher remake is watchable. Won't be the same though, as much as I like Fincher's stuff there's no way a HBO remake will capture the essence and quirk of the original.

Wow surely this had another few years left at least, baffling decision. I did think season 1 was better than season 2, but that's not to say s2 was in any way bad, s1 was just the best thing I had seen in years. Actually the first episode of season 2 with the flashback to the origins of The Network was all kinds of awesome too.

Oh well hope the Fincher remake is watchable. Won't be the same though, as much as I like Fincher's stuff there's no way a HBO remake will capture the essence and quirk of the original.
Very surprising to cancel a critically acclaimed show. Perhaps a petition that people are getting onto will help change their minds.

About half way thru the first season.

I remember reading an IMDB review where the person says, no wonder the show got canceled early, it was revealing too many dangerous truths that are known in the conspiracy world. Having gone half way thru season one I can see what they meant. So many things are popping out already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back