2nds UWS GIANTS - NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for the Tomlinson watchers....

Last 10 minutes - 3 behinds and an out of bounds from set shots, a poster running into an open goal, and a missed target turnover from general play.

In other words - shocker.

He is pretty heavily bandaged around the head though (didn't see what happened)

Just for the Tomlinson watchers....

Last 10 minutes - 3 behinds and an out of bounds from set shots, a poster running into an open goal, and a missed target turnover from general play.

In other words - shocker.

He is pretty heavily bandaged around the head though (didn't see what happened)
Awaits opposition fans saying he is unhappy and hates it up here.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Watched second half, and first time ever watching NEAFL.

NEAFL intensity pretty average (being generous), although Giants pantsing Swans wouldn't have helped.

Had it on a string Tomlinson. Just couldn't finish. I wouldn't be too worried about that. It'll come together when he works on that at training.

Apart from Tomlinson, no one really putting hand up. Barrett didn't accumulate, but is tough with some extra heavy attention through the match. Townsend looked ok with run and carry and could step up at next level. Kennedy down back was reliable. Curtley was Curtley...Stewart and Golds showed bits and pieces.

If Lamb requests a trade to Victoria, I'd be happy with that outcome. He is clogging the list.

Pickett showed glimpses. Ahern looks a class above but needs more footy in hands. Same with Finlayson.

Flynn at FF and in ruck and work around ground was super-impressive. A far better prospect and game than what Downie had. He's my next favourite after Hopper and Kennedy from the Academy. There could be a bit to work with Himmelberg, but he's late rounds/rookie material for mine. Could be cheap insurance for Sunshine, but isn't Stewart that already? Cornell probably doesn't quite show enough but happy to be proved wrong.

Nankervis was a beast for them. He'll have a good AFL career I think. Aliir was ok and Davis servicable. Everyone else (Swan-listed), were passengers in a pretty bad car crash.

Last edited:
Had it on a string Tomlinson. Just couldn't finish. I wouldn't be too worried about that. It'll come together when he works on that at training.

There is that - to have so many misses you have to have it in the first place. And he wasn't alone in the miss department - 16:26 - just shocking kicking. Won by a lot but should have been a lot more.

Live Stream/Replay Round 21 - UWS Giants v Sydney University at Spotless Stadium, Sat 10:05am

Team Named
B: Curtly Hampton, Jeremy Finlayson, Tim Golds
HB: Alex Johnston, Matthew Buntine, Connor Owen-Auburn
C: Brydon Hodgson, Jake Barrett, Harrison Himmelberg
HF: Sam Reid, Jock Cornell, Tom Faul
FF 46. Dylan Addison, Karl Merson, Jed Lamb
Rucks Matthew Flynn, Jack Steele, Jacob Townsend
Interchange: Paul Ahern, Jarrod Pickett, Rory Lobb, Sam Schulz

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's another year on the list then. Even without the possession of an envelope of negatives, you don't cut a kid who's rehabbing a knee.

Can someone explain to me how Barrett wasn't top 10 in the NEAFL mvp? In fact, zero Giants in the top 10.

That's a stitch up for a two loss team.

Kevin Sheedy Medal night has been moved up from Sun 20th Sept to Sat 12th Sept due to NEAFL finals arrangements should the team qualify for the grand final.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that AFL teams are being stitched up again and would have to travel for a grand final despite being the higher ranked team (like I believe the Swans did last year and we would've had to if we'd made it)

"The event was originally scheduled to be on Sunday, September 20 at the Ivy Ballroom. After finalising plans for the event, the club were advised that arrangements surrounding the NEAFL finals have changed.

With the original date no longer guaranteeing the attendance of the club’s NEAFL players, should they qualify for the Grand Final, a decision was made to change the date and venue."

Just a reminder on the restrictions on our team for the finals

16.1.2 Finals series matches: When playing against non-AFL Clubs in finals series Matches, the 22 players in each AFL Club’s squad shall comprise of a maximum 15 listed players (primary or rookie list) and a minimum of 7 top-up players. There are no restrictions on the number of listed players on the field at one time.

16.2 FINALS ELIGIBILITY (a) Any player must have played a minimum of three (3) Competition home and away Matches for the club to qualify to play in the Competition finals series. (b) In the event a listed player has played five (5) matches or more in the AFL, he must have played at least nine (9) Competition home and away Matches to qualify to play in the Competition finals series.
http://www.neafl.com.au/uploads/media/Rules___Regulations_2015_-_FINAL.pdf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back