Review v Demons, 12 in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

The more games Paddy can play with Roo (and Bruce) the better he'll be. Exciting to watch him again today. Took some excellent contested marks in less than ideal conditions. I'd love to let him play the rest of the year out, even if he may have a quiet game here and there.

Sav kicks a long bomb from 50m straight over the goal umpire's head just about every week now. Handy weapon to have. No wonder he has started to get more attention from the opposition as his career progresses.

Longer thoroughly beaten by Gawn. Chalk it down to a learning experience, but he might have to make way for Hickey next week (if he's in form, I haven't checked VFL stats). The luxury of choice.

I think we got a lot less of the ball than Melbourne, but with that in mind, is Newnes ever going to develop into that 25~ish disposals a game player that we're waiting for? Not that he exactly needs to; of the 20 disposals he averages per game, I'd say the majority of them hit a target, but it feels like we're still waiting for that 'breakout' period where he starts winning a lot more ball.

Gilbert's injury. Any news?
Looked pretty dejected so reckon he'll be missing weeks. Shame cause he had just found his form the last two weeks.

On a positive note might mean Acres gets a run, on a negative note it might mean Shenton gets a run :confused:

If Dempster played in a team as good as Hawthorn he'd be talked about in the same vein as Josh Gibson, superb game today. Really hope he stays on for another couple of years, the ultimate professional apparently which is good for our young guys to be around.
One of the best marks in the league. Absolutely elite in this aspect of the game.

I reckon the team are progressing really well.
Jack steven has been told to take the game on, over does it now and needs to to start giving off more quickly, other teams are on to him.
EliTe wil develope very young in AFL terms.
Sav played well will need to give consistant effort.
Dunstans best game for a while, on track.
Joey continues at a high level, 300 gamer coming up.
Roo sorry Harves:cry:, best Saint of all time.
Schnieds, been a warrior, reflexes starting to slow but invaluable for the kids.
Gears turns it over but what did Garlett do.
Noons, I have a feeling he always be nearly a really good player without getting there but capable of 200 games.
Robbo replaces Shinner, great game today.
Great effort by Bill today, Gawn started to get on top and Billy fought back.
Gilbo getting back to 2009 form.
Armo hampered today but still played well.
Shinner showe he could go again.
Chippa, see Shinner.
Bruce or "Ronald Dale" is still improving and will take a key back from now on.
JWebb is Courageous, Doesn't fumble and kicks brilliantly.
Paddy best game so far, lots of upside to come.
Hughy did really well today and love the sea unt in him, hates tolose anything.
Jack onie is at the talls feet all the time and keeps getting better.
Sincs all class and never out of a contest.
Mav a bit quieter today but best 22.

One of the best marks in the league. Absolutely elite in this aspect of the game.
And yet I saw someone on the dees board refer to him as "Dumpster" :confused:

Hopefully just a play on words with his name and not their opinion of his ability, although I spose it's hard for them to tell what a good footballer looks like.

Only negative from today was Bruce's game but he worked his way into in it in the second half and the rest of the forward line worked well.

Paddy started well and had a reasonable 4th game without setting the world on fire. Kicked the goal when he had his chance and took some good marks and I stress it is his 4th game.
Hugh was good til subbed. Good hands low and a nice kick, often to Paddy. U18 footy teammates, locker buddies and AFL teammates.
Backline worked well. Dempster & Roberton sure hands and perfect reading of the ball.
Jimmy - CRUNCH!!! Well done!
Sinclairs best game for the club, wake up call after the subs vest last week and a sub-par intro to the game? made up for it this week. Tackling machine. My best on ground.
Roo! What can you say. Could hardly get out of a hobble between phases of play. Shouldn't have played but he's Rooey and was obviously the best forward on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mega meltdown on the dees board :drunk: :D

We've had more than our fair share of hard times so feel a bit sorry for them, doesn't stop it being hilarious though..

You obvious didn't hear some of the disgusting vitriol they threw at our club & our captain today. Right up there with Bulldog supporters for their inferiority complex.
Every pond has its scum

Newnes was very good in the second half. That goal where he avoided a tackle and went for goal outside 50 was very classy.
He´s improving every year and will be one of the clubs leaders come our next finals campaign. He has a little bit of Luke Hodge
about him given that he can play back or forward. He´s becoming a damn good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back