Game Day v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys

Game Day! Looking to be a good one, hope we can bring it home and we some good stuff from our younger boys :)

tgif-3-734x489.jpg

Am I alone in feeling VERY nervous about this game????

Our team includes: Post (possible delist), White (likely delist), McGuane (he who can't kick a goal from the goal square - twice! Definite delist), Astbury (kid - first game back for ages), Dea (kid), O'Hanlon (kid - terrible so far in 6 games), Helbig (kid - even worse, but harsh call on a 13-gamer), Batchelor (first game back for months). 8/22 = just over one third of the players.

Plus they are playing for their last chance at finals and to make up for the thrashing against another traditional rival last week.

:(:(:(:(:(

Essendon friend at work says that there's a rumour that Watson will be out due to a sore back (I think). Weather looks a bit scary at the minute but not a lot of rain on the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold outside, but I'm still heading off to the game. Strange to see Astbury in the side as he has not done much at Coburg. Early in the week, I thought Essendon would do us as they have more to play for, but the thought of finishing Essendon's season tonight would be a big incentive. I expect we COULD win if we play at our best. Hopefully Cotch is BOG and Jack kicks a bag. A few players are playing for their careers, so it will be interesting to see how they respond. Tigers in a close one.

Gotta disagree with you on this - he has shown a lot i think.

I agree Peejay. Also kind of ignorant to say "Harsh call on a 13 gamer." about Helbig, but then fail to notice O'Hanlon has played almost all of his games as Sub. Bit weird to say terrible. How good was his goal at the end of the game last week?

Also, to everyone heading up, have a great night and hopefully enjoy a Tigers win. Had to sell my ticket to an Essendon supporting cousin, because I came down with the flu this morning, and have basically been bed ridden. So, yell it loud, and yell it proud "UP THE TIGERS!".

Gotta disagree with you on this - he has shown a lot i think.

Haven't seen it myself. But I know it's a remarkably early call - as I acknowledged.

I agree Peejay. Also kind of ignorant to say "Harsh call on a 13 gamer." about Helbig, but then fail to notice O'Hanlon has played almost all of his games as Sub. Bit weird to say terrible. How good was his goal at the end of the game last week?

Didn't fail to notice it at all, just thought O'Hanlon looked like the worst player we've blooded for the last 3 years (possibly Maric aside). Hopefully he'll prove me wrong. I don't follow these guys outside of the AFL so I'm more than happy to be corrected, and even more happy if he becomes a 22 player.

Seriously though, those are not long considered comments - just an overall assessment of why I feel nervous (OK, I think we'll lose) this game. Don't read too much into it. :)

So, yell it loud, and yell it proud "UP THE TIGERS!".

I think I'll be cheering something less ambiguous if thats OK. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back