Vacant Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah you couldn't cry mate....as was Jimmy Clement he did it for someone else. He went out a champ and was able to support his family during a time of great hardship. He probably was one of the older guys that could have got through to the 2010 flag but unfortunately for him, his priorities turned elsewhere when he was in his prime.
yeah I know he had his priorities in order, and I am forever grateful i got to see him play for the mighty black & white.

Actually I reckon we might just have a few great years watching Scharen, Broomy, Grundy, BK, Billy and the other kids.
It's just like 1987 all over again!

Actually I reckon we might just have a few great years watching Scharen, Broomy, Grundy, BK, Billy and the other kids.
It's just like 1987 all over again!
This exactly.

After our win vs GWS I was thinking about a win over Richmond late in 1987 that we had out at VFL park against the odds.

The future is bright.

As for number upgrades, Langdon to 5 is a given, he's Maxy reincarnated (maybe with a little more skill).
Darcy will take 30, maybe 21 for Frost, surely he can't stick with 45.

This exactly.

After our win vs GWS I was thinking about a win over Richmond late in 1987 that we had out at VFL park against the odds.

The future is bright.

As for number upgrades, Langdon to 5 is a given, he's Maxy reincarnated (maybe with a little more skill).
Darcy will take 30, maybe 21 for Frost, surely he can't stick with 45.

Like to see Jono Marsh get 25 so that can go flashing around the MCG again (go Billy!) and I'd also give Karnesis the number 9 a couple of good forwards have had that one (Carman and BT)

Time to end the number 35 to first draft pick rule? Not much point when we may not see it in the seniors at all or for a handful of games.
Totally agree. 2 champion players wore this in 31 seasons and we've since seen it handed to 4 players in 4 years. To me it's diluted the legacy of #35

I quite like Broomhead with 29.

Langdon 5
2nd round draft pick (or 1st depending which pick we use to get Moore) 9
Freeman 12
Frost 21
Marsh 25
Moore 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which players have worn number 35 since we decided to give it to our first draft pick?
And out of them, how many have had severe injuries,illnesses or interrupted preseasons in their first year?

This :thumbsu:

We knew Shaz was to miss the majority of the year at the time so s**t happens under the rules of the day.

50/ 50 on the the allocation of the 35 though.

Presti set the team/ unselfish standard for the modern footballer in so many ways he deserves this honor that is bestowed upon him as does Daic's a legend of our side.

However I respect the wishes of others that prefer the number be passed onto a talented individual for the entirety of their career.

Your's truly KJ Fence sitter:)

Wouldn't mind Scharenberg taking 12. Some parallels. Very high draft pick who has suffered some testing injury setbacks early on in his career. (Hope we manage Shaz better than the Aints managed Luke though)

I don't get what the big thing is with numbers. I would prefer to create my own legacy in a lesser profile number then swapping to say the number 5

Agree...sometimes!!

Would like to see PK stay in 33 and think Freeman in 39 (seems like a "strong" number) / Marsh to stay in 46

If Goldie happens to leave, we may see the SA quartette in 4/5/6/7

For mine
5 Broomhead
9 Shaz
12 Empty
21 *Free agent / trade in
25 Frost
30 Moore
35 * First live pick (round 2)

Bucks was nothing like Maxwell so what's it matter.

Would rather see a skilled gun back in the number myself.
My response was to this part post..

Thanks Lukey Ball for doing the number 12 proud. You're my equal best number 12 ever! Banksy and Luke Ball not a bad duet.
Now go and hand that jumper over to Taylor Adams and let him bulldoze around in it for the next decade.

Jeff Garlett 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Back