Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
This is beyond sad. I'm still in shock. Dead from a heart attack at 51 :(

Tony ******* Soprano. Can't believe it.

tony-soprano.jpg

Pretty much the most iconic role in the golden age of television. Love Him or hate him he was just a remarkable character and James deserved every single plaudit he got from it.

But even on the big screen True Romance, In the Loop and recent ones in Zero Dark Thirty and Not Fade Away. He's got a presence that's captivating.

Lost one of the greats.

RIP.

Oh god. Horrible news. An absolutely brilliant actor and agree that Tony Soprano is probably the most iconic tv character of all time in arguably the greatest series of all time.

Man, just been watching The Sopranos in the last couple of weeks. :(

Sensational performance as Tony Soprano.

Very sad day - love the Sopranos, have probably watched it back to back 7 times now, & sought out anything he was in. For those that haven't seen his Inside The Actors Studio appearance, check it out.

RIP James & Big Tony.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*, just saw that. One of the great TV characters. Was so good in his role it was hard to believe he wasn't a mobster.

Created one of the greatest TV characters of the past 20 years or so...

To the extent that when I heard that he had died in Italy, my fist thought after how sad it was was that maybe some Cicilian Mafioso connection had finally caught up with him!!! :oops: :(

& I say that with the greatest of respect.... shows how he made Tony Soprano larger than life!

VALE

This totally sucks!

Man I was hoping to watch him in movies for another thirty years. At least until he has done a movie directed by Scorsese or FF Copolla. This is impossibly sad - particularly when you think of all the hacks that are still kicking

Had some nice roles in films as well. True Romance which was a bit of a precursor to his role in the Sopranos. Other good performances of his I can think of The Last Castle and I enjoyed his performance in Welcome to the Rileys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back