Vale James Gandolfini (1961-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

This actually hit me pretty hard. The Sopranos is my favourite show. Nothing will ever overtake it. Gandolfini played a ****ed up anti-hero who demonstrated the flaws and hilarity of the human condition: and he did it really well, as did almost every single actor on the show.

Sad stuff considering he just had a young bloke, and his age.

Vale.

This scene is so good. It just combines so many parts and the ethos of The Sopranos. They way they end up giving a kicking to the guy they're trying to help, the camera cut to Benny and Furio when Adriana talks about "making love," Paulie's look at "you can no longer function as a man..." so good. I just pissed myself again when Paulie goes "what was it, barkin'?" So perfect.

Pretty devastated. Was a wonderful actor who happened to play a role I consider to be one of the greatest of all time, in any medium. Really sad considering he still had time to be in so much else. Ah, rest in peace fine sir.

Terrible news, he didn't do a lot of acting recently but he was one of the best going around.

I dunno man, he was in 3-4 features within the last couple years. People should go check 'em out. :thumbsu:

If his depiction of Tony S had been in a feature film he would have had an Academy Award I believe

If his depiction of Tony S had been in a feature film he would have had an Academy Award I believe

It would of been a decent movie, but the beauty of Sopranos was that they could craft and mold the character over 86 hours of television, you can't come close to that in a 120 minute feature

Wonderful wonderful actor and by all accounts a kind and humble man too.
I'm not much of one for television series but I heard so much about The Sopranos Years ago I went and bought the boxed set and watched it all over a couple of weeks..blew me away totally. I have probably watched it 6 times at least now and still find more deep and hidden and wonderful things in the script and characters each time.. I don't know who else could have bought the role Tony of to life and to full fruition like James Gandolfini did, he was just so real! A true acting masterpiece.

Feeling very sad for his family and friends, to lose someone so young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a loss - you know he still had more great roles in him. Don't know what family he had but 51 is a kick in the guts.

Larger than life.

Well and truly have missed out on some future brilliance.

I just want to go home and eat pasta and drink red wine.

May even go to the strippers.

Terrible news and i also am a Sopranos lover with it being my favourite show ever. Was shocked driving home from work and hearing it on the radio and i admit it left me pretty flat and deflated honestly with him only just over 50yo.

He will never be forgotten and was a great actor. :thumbsu:

May just watch the Sopranos DVD collection again now for the 10th time to appreciate just how good he was.

R.I.P James and the acting world today lost a fantastic member which has been taken way to soon. :(

Wow.

Still one of the funniest Sopranos scenes....whenever I hear anything to do with interventions real life or shows/movies I think of this disaster and have a chuckle.

It makes me genuinely have a chuckle and smile when people appreciate the humour. There's plenty of viewers who think it's 100% sincere and don't get the dissection that the Sopranos can be. But anyway, that's for the other thread.

I'm re-watching the series now. How could I not? It's uni holidays, I'm two episodes deep, it's 11pm... it's only heading one way. Seriously outstanding television. Does anyone else get a bit hollow when they realise they won't see a character as great as Tony Soprano ever again (probably)?

From Buzzfeed today.

enhanced-buzz-31462-1371717678-7.jpg

Holsten’s, the ice cream shop in New Jersey where James Gandolfini filmed the final scene of The Sopranos, have left his seat ‘Reserved’ today in a poignant tribute to the actor, who died of a heart attack yesterday.

And the final scene from the Sopranos

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/tony-sopranos-cafe-tribute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back