News Vale Phil Walsh: Son officially charged with murder @ 10:30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes as a father and all fathers and mothers would know this. My 17 year old daughter knew the three that died earlier in the week just up the road from where we live. And I couldn't help but try and put myself in the parents shoes, the feeling lasted about a second. I honestly don't know if I'm man enough to deal with such pain.

I walked in and hugged my 15 year old son tonight, am not sure what happened today regarding the Walsh family and I don't want to know. This is just so hard to comprehend.

I feel so sad for all those involved and I mean all those.

incredibly sad. From all reports Phil was a good man. A true gentleman. I guess you never really know what goes on behind closed doors though.

It's quite easy to speculate that drugs may have played a part in this horrific incident. These sort of things are becoming all too frequent in our society. It destroys lives, families and impacts the wider society + community as a whole.

Why does it matter how long the response took?

Because it's the easiest decision that the AFL has ever had to make.

If you are nitpicking for the sake of it do it in another thread.

Because it's the easiest decision that the AFL has ever had to make.

If you are nitpicking for the sake of it do it in another thread.
If you think that should have been a high priority (and within 30 minutes makes it so), please check your head.

Do you think they should have played?

Logistically, realistically, with the amount of people that have to be consulted and clubs that have to sign off on it, 30 minutes isn't long enough. Also, the priority, as you rightly point out, would not have been football - before organising whether or not they're playing, the club must make sure its player welfare is in order. Once they're sure of their players' mental state, they can go about figuring out whether or not they're going to play.

It also should not have been a knee jerk reaction. They announced it later today, after careful consideration and discussion amongst the relevant parties. I seriously don't think the timing of the announcement is a big issue.

Twinkletoes do you have the authority to change the banner to 'family' instead of 'famly'?
Was just about to ask about that. Didn't know who to point it out to.

Also, interesting point brought up on the telecast (although it pales in significance to anything that happened today) what happens to brownlow voting for the cats vs crows game?

Logistical nightmare for the AFL in an event such as this but they're handling it well and with a perfect balance of compassion and business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just about to ask about that. Didn't know who to point it out to.

Also, interesting point brought up on the telecast (although it pales in significance to anything that happened today) what happens to brownlow voting for the cats vs crows game?

Logistical nightmare for the AFL in an event such as this but they're handling it well and with a perfect balance of compassion and business.

Surely votes for all games would be void?

Its not just the winner. ..lots of different betting arrangements etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Benny Jacobs was a late out, it must be tough for him too. BJ was only at Port for two years but I imagine he forged a very strong relationship with Phil whilst there, if the Adelaide players' tweets are any indication.

The banner is an admin thing. We mods can't change it.

Well they need a kick up the arse...considering the sensitivity towards the heart of the event...it's not that much to ask they spell one thing correctly that goes over all these pages?

Whats worse is that no one has done anything about it since it first appeared 4 hours ago.

...a long day..end of rant....good night.

I've noticed on a number of club websites they have put up an official statement passing on their condolences to Walsh family and Adelaide Football Club. Only a few clubs, including ours have failed to do this, in fact outside of a tweet from Ben Brown I've heard or seen nothing from the NMFC or the players. I'm not having a go at the club, but we have been awfully quiet.

Just stunned. Not sure how many other players who had connections with Phil Walsh are even going to contemplate playing this week.

I was driving to work this morning when I first heard the breaking / sad news at around 8.34am. :(

I've noticed on a number of club websites they have put up an official statement passing on their condolences to Walsh family and Adelaide Football Club. Only a few clubs, including ours have failed to do this, in fact outside of a tweet from Ben Brown I've heard or seen nothing from the NMFC or the players. I'm not having a go at the club, but we have been awfully quiet.

I wouldn't have expected the players to have expressed too much, as someone said before the only person who would have been involved would have possibly been Jacobs but Phil may have been at west coast even then

The minute silence after the game last night with the hawks and pies was absolutely outstanding.

Except ******* Josh Gibson laughing like he was having a brilliant time with everyone watching them.

1435933127926.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back