News Vale Phil Walsh: Son officially charged with murder @ 10:30am

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed on a number of club websites they have put up an official statement passing on their condolences to Walsh family and Adelaide Football Club. Only a few clubs, including ours have failed to do this, in fact outside of a tweet from Ben Brown I've heard or seen nothing from the NMFC or the players. I'm not having a go at the club, but we have been awfully quiet.
Yeah ... Philly's just showed you what you don't pay attention to. :p

I've noticed on a number of club websites they have put up an official statement passing on their condolences to Walsh family and Adelaide Football Club. Only a few clubs, including ours have failed to do this, in fact outside of a tweet from Ben Brown I've heard or seen nothing from the NMFC or the players. I'm not having a go at the club, but we have been awfully quiet.

I also went to our club's site expecting to see a sympathy notice on there and was surprised to see there was no mention of it.

1435933127926.jpg

Class.

I wouldn't be surprised if Benny Jacobs was a late out, it must be tough for him too. BJ was only at Port for two years but I imagine he forged a very strong relationship with Phil whilst there, if the Adelaide players' tweets are any indication.
Phil Walsh wasn't at Port while Jacobs was there.

Yesterday was the first time in weeks I didn't turn on the morning news programmes til almost 9.00 a.m. Seven was giving it their usual treatment so I switched to the ABC. Absolutely shocked here, saddened as well. There were tears watching the minute silence at the start of the Pies v Hawks, final siren way past my bed time tho was impressed with the class of both teams at the end from reports I've read.

lost the plot when that happened
And again with the Richmond GWS game. There's a strange atmosphere hanging over Adelaide at the moment. Some of my mates who are Crows supporters have been sobbing. Heaps of scarfs out on letterboxes...just all so sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back