Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read this thread from the beginning to find the idiots and attention seekers.

No need to read the beginning.

When it happened I can understand a lot of people being quite sad and effected.

He's been dead for two months now though and it's well past the time of moving on- which of course does not involve forgetting him.

This bullshit needs to stop. Started with Peternorth's utter rubbish and it's all been exactly that since.

rubbish? i was just stating an opinion. you have your opinions about hughes, as do others. my opinion in this thread was supported by Tulip. Tulip suffered this year in the same way you and others did when rob flower died. i knew rob personally but knew my place. spoke to his family a few times but never tried to muscle in or post my grief publically.

Angers me further now that everyone else always seems to get lucky but Phillip didn't. :mad::cry:

the way i read you post that started this healthy debate was that you were sad that others always had more luck than phil. followed by an angry emoticon and crying one. you are pissed that the predicament others found themselves in relation to phillip. comparing the situations and results of others against phil like its a contest. that is how i read it, and others too.

you have explained yourself and everyone has read and understand that your post was poorly worded, which surprises me as from i can gather you've finished school and are not at uni.

You're all idiots trying to score points off each other.

political points scoring? or trying to become the biggest phil fan?

No need to read the beginning.

When it happened I can understand a lot of people being quite sad and effected.

He's been dead for two months now though and it's well past the time of moving on- which of course does not involve forgetting him.
Exactly this.
I've moved on with my life, as has everyone else. Just because I still talk about him doesn't mean I'm struggling with it...
rubbish? i was just stating an opinion. you have your opinions about hughes, as do others. my opinion in this thread was supported by Tulip. Tulip suffered this year in the same way you and others did when rob flower died. i knew rob personally but knew my place. spoke to his family a few times but never tried to muscle in or post my grief publically.
We may be talking about different posts. I wasn't talking about an opinion, I was talking about thinking I wanted Daniel dead. All the attacking of me started after that post.

the way i read you post that started this healthy debate was that you were sad that others always had more luck than phil. followed by an angry emoticon and crying one. you are pissed that the predicament others found themselves in relation to phillip. comparing the situations and results of others against phil like its a contest. that is how i read it, and others too.

you have explained yourself and everyone has read and understand that your post was poorly worded, which surprises me as from i can gather you've finished school and are not at uni.
I guess the emoticons made it look emotional. I just post with emoticons, probably didn't really think how it would come across.

Though even after explaining it, I still was copping rubbish like "you have a grief problem" and "get help" from people that have no idea about me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err, people need to get off AA's back. So what if he had a period of mourning? As he said, it was only a day or two (or few, whatever), and "mourning" can be exhibited in so many ways. One of which was the put out your bats campaign.

One of the greatest things that could have come out of Phil Hughes passing was how it brought so many people together, some of it was to celebrate Hughes' achievements, but most of it was to mourn the loss of the life of someone so young and gifted.

The fact that AA's not related to him is irrelevant, and of course his family will be doing it a whole lot tougher. Just because we see more of it from AA, because, duh, we all post on the same forum as him doesn't mean the family aren't doing it relatively tougher. Regardless, that shouldn't even be an issue, people deal with tragedy in different ways. And just because you're not related to the guy doesn't mean you can't perceive it as a tragedy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Exactly this.
I've moved on with my life, as has everyone else. Just because I still talk about him doesn't mean I'm struggling with it...

We may be talking about different posts. I wasn't talking about an opinion, I was talking about thinking I wanted Daniel dead. All the attacking of me started after that post.

I guess the emoticons made it look emotional. I just post with emoticons, probably didn't really think how it would come across.

Though even after explaining it, I still was copping rubbish like "you have a grief problem" and "get help" from people that have no idea about me.
It's all in the way you post, it just seems more intense then you intend, I think.

Err, people need to get off AA's back. So what if he had a period of mourning? As he said, it was only a day or two (or few, whatever), and "mourning" can be exhibited in so many ways. One of which was the put out your bats campaign.

One of the greatest things that could have come out of Phil Hughes passing was how it brought so many people together, some of it was to celebrate Hughes' achievements, but most of it was to mourn the loss of the life of someone so young and gifted.

The fact that AA's not related to him is irrelevant, and of course his family will be doing it a whole lot tougher. Just because we see more of it from AA, because, duh, we all post on the same forum as him doesn't mean the family aren't doing it relatively tougher. Regardless, that shouldn't even be an issue, people deal with tragedy in different ways. And just because you're not related to the guy doesn't mean you can't perceive it as a tragedy. :rolleyes:

gees i hope that is not what you think what other posts are thinking.

that is true. however, as a longtime mod i can see how observations lead to opinion of posters. its only natural.

i remember watching rikki lake show in the 90s. guests went on for $$$ and when questioned by the audience their defence was always "you dont know me". rikki thankfully pointed out that you (the guest) have chosen to appear and the audience can make whatever assessment they want based on what they see.

that is true. however, as a longtime mod i can see how observations lead to opinion of posters. its only natural.

i remember watching rikki lake show in the 90s. guests went on for $$$ and when questioned by the audience their defence was always "you dont know me". rikki thankfully pointed out that you (the guest) have chosen to appear and the audience can make whatever assessment they want based on what they see.

Not to get too off topic but:

1, how long have you been a mod for?
2, which board do you marshall?

Some unbelievable posts on here of late. Ashton Agar makes a comment about how unlucky Phil Hughes was and it's taken totally out of context. I read it exactly as he intended it, I knew that of course he didn't wish that other people suffering a similar experience were also killed. Nor do I think his reaction was over the top. The thread was re-ignited by someone posting about a similar incident and AA just said reiterated what most people felt and still feel about Phil Hughes' death, that he was unlicky. I really wonder if some people willfully misinterpret other peoples posts sometimes just to start an argument. Some of you need to grow up.

3204840swsw.gif

What have I missed today? I think we need a little break from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back