Mod. Notice Vale/RIP Cammo78

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got an email at work regarding the footy tipping, significant part reads:

"As you may have heard, sadly this week our ladder leader Cameron Roberts has passed away.

Cameron was passionate about football and supported the Bulldogs, and with his constant position on top of the leader board, it has been decided that he will remain the honorary leader throughout the season. An amount equal to the first prize that is paid to the eventual winner at the end of the season will be donated by the company to Cam’s family."

Just found out the news and will regret our friendship online had only just begun.
Took the stirring jibes with complete humour and loved his footy.
I shall switch off the computer for the rest of the day.
Thanks for the laugh's Cammo.
Hope bullies fans dont mind me posting here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just looking a few things up and I am 99% sure he did in 1997-98. I think he played 11 (3/8)
I heard briefly on ABC radio the other day a former AFL footballer has died from a sudden heart attack on field in a local league I think.

I apologise if that isn't appropriate but that's just what I'm certain I heard.

Vale Cammo, just far too young and as a Bay 13er I can say he was a very formidable poster indeed.

Does anyone know his name? I don't feel comfortable posting a farewell to somebody using their screen name.

9,676 great contributions to this forum

Whilst I didn't know him well like some, I enjoyed his posts as much as many. 36 is way to young. Hopefully the he will be with us somewhere when the Bulldogs take on the Saints this week

R.I.P Cammo

Sorry for the intrusion but just wanted to wish his family and all you blokes all the best :(. *, we whine about s**t all the time but it takes a tragedy like this to remind us whats really important. Might mean s**t, but i will call you club and become a member for this year out of respect for him. I remember once a while back, we had a bit of a argument, what solved it was both our love of lol norf.

Vale cammo78, you were one of the more underrated posters on the Bay. It's a shame that a passionate supporter like him never got to see the Dogs win an AFL flag or play in an AFL Grand Final. You will be missed by all on Bay13. :(
Dogs should take care of the Saints this weekend, but would like to see Richmond goal after the siren to beat Norf so we can #lolnorf in your honour.
#RIPcammo78 #LOLnorf

I heard briefly on ABC radio the other day a former AFL footballer has died from a sudden heart attack on field in a local league I think.

I apologise if that isn't appropriate but that's just what I'm certain I heard.

Vale Cammo, just far too young and as a Bay 13er I can say he was a very formidable poster indeed.

FYI - cammo78 passed away on Monday, not on the weekend.

The story you heard was someone else, and not an ex-AFL player as far as I am aware.

I checked AFL Tables and there was a bloke with the same name and D.O.B.

Maybe the same person.

Seems he did actually play 11 games, funnily enough 3 against the dogs. The fact that he never mentioned this, or big noted himself, says a bit about him. One of the posters I recognised as he seemed to know his stuff.

Seems he did actually play 11 games, funnily enough 3 against the dogs. The fact that he never mentioned this, or big noted himself, says a bit about him. One of the posters I recognised as he seemed to know his stuff.

Different Cameron I'm led to believe. Just coincidence that he has the same name\DOB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back