AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
what will Blues need to bid to get
Bailey Rice
Jack Silvagni
Jake Bradley

What are the wraps on these 3 as I haven't seen them play, most likely will on Foxtel when they air the Championships

Does Sticks Kernahan have a son? Serious question.

He will pick Blues. Father premiership player, friends with Sos and a Blues supporter
Where he belongs
Up to the kid. Probably helps with all those connections, although he has been training with us for a few years and his dad i think says in the article we have been in to him longer. Has also worked in the saints merchandising for part time work. Make of it what you will.

Last edited:
He's spent a lot more time down at St.Kilda since a younger age.
If I had a choice of employer, who my dad was friends with would be the last thing on my mind.

We don't even know if the players mentioned above are any good yet, I'd like to think they are

He's spent a lot more time down at St.Kilda since a younger age.
If I had a choice of employer, who my dad was friends with would be the last thing on my mind.

Interesting the article above says the Saints have tracked him since he was 14yo, but he first attended the Carlton academy before he turned 14yo. No bones about it, the kid has had plenty of time down at the Blues and has supported the club all his life. As an aside, apparently he recently attended a Blues function and was introduced by the prez as a future Blues player. Of course, that doesn't mean anything though.

Ultimately he'll make his own choice (with Dad's input I assume) but I reckon Carlton are no worse placed than the Saints at this point.

One thing is for sure, his stocks have risen since the season got underway.

Does Sticks Kernahan have a son? Serious question.

All daughters. Hope they didn't inherit his voice :D

Interesting the article above says the Saints have tracked him since he was 14yo, but he first attended the Carlton academy before he turned 14yo. No bones about it, the kid has had plenty of time down at the Blues and has supported the club all his life. As an aside, apparently he recently attended a Blues function and was introduced by the prez as a future Blues player. Of course, that doesn't mean anything though.

Ultimately he'll make his own choice (with Dad's input I assume) but I reckon Carlton are no worse placed than the Saints at this point.

What would we need to secure him, Jack and possibly Jake as well?

Dean Rice said last year he'd been down at the saints even more then the blues so just going off that. I couldn't care less to be honest, I kinda hope he chooses the blues as I don't think he'll make it at AFL level. In saying that if you can get him in the 3rd round that'll be a win.

What would we need to secure him, Jack and possibly Jake as well?

It's impossible to even guess until the AFL release the new rules re F/S selection. Under the old rules probably a 4th rounder would have got Rice given our ladder position. Who knows by years end, as he's raising the stakes now. Jack is gearing up to play school footy I believe and likely that will take a precedence during the year, so he might be worth very little come draft time. unless he plays some freaky ass footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's impossible to even guess until the AFL release the new rules re F/S selection. Under the old rules probably a 4th rounder would have got Rice given our ladder position. Who knows by years end, as he's raising the stakes now. Jack is gearing up to play school footy I believe and likely that will take a precedence during the year, so he might be worth very little come draft time. unless he plays some freaky ass footy.

I was doing research today and Jack Silvagni has been ok at TAC Cup level, been kicking goals and taking marks, I checked his stats. In one of BF pages, has him compared to Jack Gunston. Bailey Rice been playing decent off half back and compared to Dom Tyson

I want see these boys tear it up in the Championships, give supporters confidence in their abilitys, not because of who their dad's are. I saw few Tac Cup stats on Jake Bradley but that's about it. Metro v Country game would love to see all 3 play. Jake and Jake will play for Metro and Bailey will play for Country. I want these 3 to be steals for us not just players to add reserves depth in first few seasons

Dean Rice said last year he'd been down at the saints even more then the blues so just going off that.

You said he was down at StKilda from a younger age. In this article it says Bailey first went down to Carlton 7 years ago and two years later he was invited down to StKilda. Perhaps he just meant he's spent more time down at StKilda.

Jack Silvagni will get drafted. Jake unsure but never seen any of these kids play. Would love watch few TAC Cup games and championship games to see these boys play

Rice and Silvagni will be drafted for sure. Shouldn't cost Carlton a first round pick for either at this stage.
Bradley MIGHT get a very very late pick or he'll go in the rookie draft. He's coming from a long long way back.

Rice and Silvagni will be drafted for sure. Shouldn't cost Carlton a first round pick for either at this stage.
Bradley MIGHT get a very very late pick or he'll go in the rookie draft. He's coming from a long long way back.

Hopefully that's true. I have heard or read some here online that SOS's middle son Ben is touted to be better a prospect than Jack. Can anyone confirm or deny that ranking ?

Hopefully that's true. I have heard or read some here online that SOS's middle son Ben is touted to be better a prospect than Jack. Can anyone confirm or deny that ranking ?

I heard it was his youngest, but honestly who knows.
From what I've seen of Ben this year he can certainly play. He'll be at Carlton next year for sure IMO.

Perhaps we should, perhaps we even get the Bayside/Peninsula zone, which I'm told by Gill is under threat from a young generation of die hard Melbourne Storm supporters. :eek:

They obviously need to find that young generation of die hard Melbourne Storm supporters immediately, and once they know where he lives ask him why! :p

Let St Kilda have Bailey Rice, don't think they have had a F/S selection since Sireakowski (spelling?)

Not interested in getting involved in a bidding war shitfight ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back