News Vanstone joins Port Board of Directors

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, didn't see that coming.

Our board is almost completely newish. The only name from prior to 2011 that I can see is Alex Panas and his spot is up for re-election!

Koshie seems to think she's good for the job,

so in Koshie we trust! :D

on the bright side, the club nearly has 10k members already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry I don't like this one at all.

It's got me thinking, all these big wig board members, what have done recently in bringing in sponsors and new exposure to the club?

They seem to have the profile but not the ability to bring in much extra revenue. Obviously I'm talking about previous boards as this one is completely new. But we keep bringing in the big players from the high end of town and what have they done so far?

It's got me thinking, all these big wig board members, what have done recently in bringing in sponsors and new exposure to the club?

They seem to have the profile but not the ability to bring in much extra revenue. Obviously I'm talking about previous boards as this one is completely new. But we keep bringing in the big players from the high end of town and what have they done so far?

Like who? Most of our previous board members were bit players in the Adelaide establishment/business establishment/politics. Pub owners/small building firms/ accountants. No body of real consequence in Adelaide let alone nationally. People like Koch and Vandstone have national and international connections and profile. I think it's a great appointment.

Can you get any more small minded than that:mad: It's exactly that sort of thinking that reinforces the 'pissant town' syndrome.

There is no way you - or any one else - know what is going on behind the scenes. To expect every contact/conversation, plan etc to be carried out in the public arena is plain dumb. I think some people need to get an understanding of the exact role of a Board

The PAFC needs to urgently get away from only 'think local ol' boys'. As has been explained in other posts/forums, Companies do not make instant decisions on sponsorship etc.

We/us/you/them may not like Vanstone's politics but she has a network of contacts at a national level that no former player/official/ pub owner could ever dream of.

She will not be intimidated by any of the minions within the AFL let alone SANFL.

It's understandable PAFC members are wanting urgent action but everything that's in the public arena gives every indication the club is progressing well in the re-structure.

BTW, I do not know Vanstone, nor am I a member/supporter of her political party. But I do get info from family and friends working within parliament house Canberra.

I reckon the average supporter's response to this could be used as the dictionary definition of ambivalence.

Can you get any more small minded than that:mad: It's exactly that sort of thinking that reinforces the 'pissant town' syndrome.

There is no way you - or any one else - know what is going on behind the scenes. To expect every contact/conversation, plan etc to be carried out in the public arena is plain dumb. I think some people need to get an understanding of the exact role of a Board

The PAFC needs to urgently get away from only 'think local ol' boys'. As has been explained in other posts/forums, Companies do not make instant decisions on sponsorship etc.

We/us/you/them may not like Vanstone's politics but she has a network of contacts at a national level that no former player/official/ pub owner could ever dream of.

She will not be intimidated by any of the minions within the AFL let alone SANFL.

It's understandable PAFC members are wanting urgent action but everything that's in the public arena gives every indication the club is progressing well in the re-structure.

BTW, I do not know Vanstone, nor am I a member/supporter of her political party. But I do get info from family and friends working within parliament house Canberra.

My comment wasn't about Vanstone, my comment was that previous boards had higher profile people, not as high as what we have now, but how has it helped us. Sometimes getting down to grass roots level can help us more than continually going for the upper end.

I hope this new board proves to me they can do more than previous. For all their high end contacts it doesn't amount to many dollars does it. How have we been going for sponsors?

I don't like how Vanstone represented herself and her electorate, I found her very arrogant, I hope that was just isolated to politics and us rank and file aren't treated the same.

Where did I say I want things in the public arena? I'll say it again, sometimes going to a grass roots level can be more beneficial than the top end!

Like who? Most of our previous board members were bit players in the Adelaide establishment/business establishment/politics. Pub owners/small building firms/ accountants. No body of real consequence in Adelaide let alone nationally. People like Koch and Vandstone have national and international connections and profile. I think it's a great appointment.

I've been happy with the appointments until this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back