News Vanstone joins Port Board of Directors

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we should be offended. After all a scarf that says Never tear us apart completely sends the wrong message at a time to unite in condemnation of a tragedy. Wait ...

So right. Amanda Vanstone is a smart lady. In fact she's two smart ladies.

She wouldn't come on TV with a scarf that didn't say precisely what she wanted it to say.

However I doubt many terrorists and/or amateur dickhead surface-to-air missile crews, or even Vladimir Putin, were watching.

Maybe the concept of "They will never ever tear us apart" is a good one on a Q&A program about a terrorist act but I am not sure if a footy scarf, even though it may say that, is a good image. I didn't watch the full program so I do not know whether Amanda explained what she was wearing but even if she did it was a bad choice for a solemn occasion and a lot of viewers would not have fully understood her intentions.

Maybe the concept of "They will never ever tear us apart" is a good one on a Q&A program about a terrorist act but I am not sure if a footy scarf, even though it may say that, is a good image. I didn't watch the full program so I do not know whether Amanda explained what she was wearing but even if she did it was a bad choice for a solemn occasion and a lot of viewers would not have fully understood her intentions.

If you had seen what the great lady was wearing in Canberra for the GWS game you would have NO ISSUES with what she was wearing on Q&A.

The bride and I thought she was a homeless lady collecting cans to return for the deposit and hadn't realised she wasn't in SA anymore.

It was a very confusing time for everyone.

If you had seen what the great lady was wearing in Canberra for the GWS game you would have NO ISSUES with what she was wearing on Q&A.

The bride and I thought she was a homeless lady collecting cans to return for the deposit and hadn't realised she wasn't in SA anymore.

It was a very confusing time for everyone.

One was a footy game and a personal outing, one was a television appearance about an international tragedy, there is no comparison.

One was a footy game and a personal outing, one was a television appearance about an international tragedy, there is no comparison.

Q&A is a s**t show but "International Tragedy" is a bit steep.

Q&A is a s**t show but "International Tragedy" is a bit steep.
I think we have been misunderstanding each other. I turned on Q&A when Tony Jones was bringing up MH17 and asking for a minutes silence. That was my reference to "international tragedy", I did not realise that was the only part of the program where it was mentioned. In that case the right thing could have been for Tony Jones to mention this before the program to Amanda Vanstone as the perception of wearing her scarf at the time could be seen to be a mark of disrespect. I have no problem, and I am sure the general public do not, with her wearing her scarf at other times during the program.

I think we have been misunderstanding each other. I turned on Q&A when Tony Jones was bringing up MH17 and asking for a minutes silence. That was my reference to "international tragedy", I did not realise that was the only part of the program where it was mentioned. In that case the right thing could have been for Tony Jones to mention this before the program to Amanda Vanstone as the perception of wearing her scarf at the time could be seen to be a mark of disrespect. I have no problem, and I am sure the general public do not, with her wearing her scarf at other times during the program.

I'm just ****ing with you Mic.

I'm not a very nice person.

Did Tony Jones really ask for a minutes silence on that programme? Really? Grief, real or otherwise is done so poorly these days.

The most important aspect of modern grieving is to be seen grieving.
None of this "in private" malarky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like sending the GG over to collect the bodies. Move over families, here's the head of state.

He's like our Norman Schwarzkopf.

It was a program about AIDS and the international AIDS conference in Melbourne. It was advertised for a week as that. The Malaysian Airlines disatser was added on because of the 6 Dutch researchers including an ex chair of the IAS were killed on that flight.

If you want to be picky then anyone not wearing black was inappropriately dressed. I'm not a picky person on this matter.

One of the the strongest anti Mandy comment on twitter in that News corp link, was by my friend Vic, who is as passionate a port supporter as I know, but is left of centre in her politics.

Its an outrage. ;)

Seriously, people are just looking for a reason to be offended these days. One of the airlines tweeted the other day that they dont fly over Ukraine in response to many questions from travellers and this was somehow seen as disgracefully insensitive. WTF?

I'm offended and I don't know why?

Its an outrage. ;)

Seriously, people are just looking for a reason to be offended these days. One of the airlines tweeted the other day that they dont fly over Ukraine in response to many questions from travellers and this was somehow seen as disgracefully insensitive. WTF?

It wasn't UIA was it?

380px-Ukraine_International_Airlines_Logo.svg.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back