Varcoe Reported - forceful front on contact

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to be ******* kidding me! Jamie got penalised for below the knee contact when the ball was on the ground, and Rioli ducked his head in a move that would make a Selwood proud, and Varcoe is reported? FMD that goal cost us the game

Total bullshit

You have to be ******* kidding me! Jamie got penalised for below the knee contact when the ball was on the ground, and Rioli ducked his head in a move that would make a Selwood proud, and Varcoe is reported? FMD that goal cost us the game

Total bullshit

Bending over to pick up the ball is not ducking.

Clear free kick, report will be thrown out.

Bending over to pick up the ball is not ducking.

Clear free kick, report will be thrown out.
And so why did Jamie get the free against?

(Jamie went straight in, and Rioli clearly ducked his head, after the bend, but I agree, neither should have been anything, )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a tricky one. Varcoe made the decision to go down with the shoulder braced and Rioli made it worse by getting his head even lower. Suspect he'll go because Rioli was already over the ball. Might've just been tiredness that made Varcoe look so awkward.

Varcoe clearly had eyes for the footy and was going low to contest the ball, like Rioli initially was when he bent down at the waist to pick the footy up. Rioli saw a chance a cheat a free, putting himself in an unsafe position and making a mockery of the head high rule, which is designed to protect the head, not encourage players to put themselves in potentially life threatening body positions by bending their neck, like Rioli done. It's the very reason the AFL again changed the rules to counter such dangerous head ducking acts. Varcoe after seeing Rioli's cheat, dropped down on his knees lowering his body position even more to minimise the risk that Rioli had put himself in. Forward movement of both players then lead to what should have been a play on impact.

Rioli clearly ducked. Look how low he was. You don't go that low to pick up the ******* ball. :rolleyes:
Yup

But it's okay, learnt a lot of new rules last night. It's also ok to just drop the ******* ball, not once, but twice, my players don't have necks, (Jamie says hi) and some marks are not marks, im really not sure why!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back