Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y-western-sydney/story-fngr8i5s-1226831191496

Do not mean to attack GWS but how is this for a stark contrast in how the two clubs have handled community commitments...

Matchu this may interest you.

I find it interesting that GWS has an $11.5M training facility purpose built when the AFL CEO stated that we had to wait as many of the old clubs had waited for 100 years for AFL financing to upgrade their facilities. Yet the Giants a year younger than us have one now.

We are hanging our hat on the Comm games for funding, our facility wont be purpose built and it is still years away. Poor form Vlad

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
I find it interesting that GWS has an $11.5M training facility purpose built when the AFL CEO stated that we had to wait as many of the old clubs had waited for 100 years for AFL financing to upgrade their facilities. Yet the Giants a year younger than us have one now.

We are hanging our hat on the Comm games for funding, our facility wont be purpose built and it is still years away. Poor form Vlad

Oh well karma is a beautiful thing. Gold Coast community rave about our work. GWS mayor tells them to * off. Lol.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y-western-sydney/story-fngr8i5s-1226831191496

Do not mean to attack GWS but how is this for a stark contrast in how the two clubs have handled community commitments...

Matchu this may interest you.
This does interest me.

The Blacktown mayor claims the Giants betrayed Blacktown but something he forgets to mention is that the Giants reserves team will still play home games at BISP in 2014.

“I don’t believe Homebush is western Sydney and the real western Sydney community isn’t going to buy it.”

Firstly, Mr Mayor, it is no longer known as Homebush. The suburb is officially known as Sydney Olympic Park and falls under the Auburn City Council. Secondly, both the Auburn and the Blacktown City Councils fall under the category of western Sydney and Greater Western Sydney. You don't think Sydney Olympic Park is "real" western Sydney? How about you put your money where your mouth is and push for the Sydney Olympic Park/Auburn City Council to be officially removed from the area that is western Sydney.

What about the Western Sydney Wanderers? They play in Parramatta which is the next council over from Auburn. Let me guess, that's west enough for you. We're talking about a difference of 7kms here (Parramatta Stadium to Giants Stadium).

This guy is obviously bitter because he has an agenda as the Blacktown Mayor. I'm sure the Giants will continue to acknowledge Blacktown International Sportpark/Rooty Hill RSL as their traditional home. Teams move training bases all the time, it's not uncommon. I don't think anyone was questioning the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs' commitment to western Sydney when they were based at Sydney Olympic Park.

The Suns have the advantage of always being based at Carrara, even from the very start.

Miss_SUNShine

Rookie
Feb 19, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Soundwave today!!

I'm not personally really into all these heavy metal bands but this years line up still looks pretty decent.

Anyone else going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Soundwave today!!

I'm not personally really into all these heavy metal bands but this years line up still looks pretty decent.

Anyone else going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three hours of green day. An hour of Living End. Placebo, JEW and Sambora!

Im going all fan girl and camping at main stage for the day

Supanova normally goes to SW too from memory?

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
Jack Macrae is going to be a bloody good player. Has it all. Reminds me a bit of Pendles.

I still think as I have for a while that the team we meet in a grand final one day will the Doggies.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
FACT: There are two redheaded coaches in the AFL. They both coach the QLD teams.

Just thought that was interesting. Right Big Red Machine ?
Obviously Brisbane are trying to emulate the Bluey success...Not gonna happen.

Back