Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF is going on, out on the piss again and this time after being told not to, these 3 tools have cost us any chance of a win this weekend, they should be ashamed of themselves

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/suns-dump-bennell-mckenzie-and-matera-for-disciplinary-reasons

What gives me the friggin sh!ts is that we are paying the bucks for memberships and are being asked to support the club by doing so, yet at a time when the team is so depleted by injuries (and ludicrous MRP decisions) we will suffer the most this weekend because of these dickheads.

Seriously, 7 forced changes this weekend and nobody coming back from the hospital line.
What sort of football side are they sending onto the park this week??
The club is lucky we've already paid for the tickets this week.
#frigginpissed

Take it as a grain of salt, but on 6PR a few nights ago Karl Langdon (close with McKenna) was saying that one of the board members of the Suns was regretting the decision to let go of McKenna. As we all know the reason why they sacked McKenna was because he lost the players. The board member was saying that he now realises the reason McKenna lost the players was because he was telling the players to pull their heads in and the players simply didnt want to hear it.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

The more you hear about what's going on up there, the more you have to wonder.

What I don't get is how the culture (sorry for using the word, but it seems appropriate) got to be that way. I know Gaz kind of runs his own show, but I wouldn't have thought he'd have let this kind of thing develop under his watch. Unless there's a case of the list being split into factions, party boys vs church boys or something. Not what this club, the competition, or Footy in QLD needs at all.

Watching Caddy tonight and how he has developed since leaving makes me want the strangle Bluey, soft coaches build soft players

Come at me *******
Caddy still the softest of the lot.

Peahearted mongolild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad, Rischa, or Dion.
I was thinking it would be out of these three ATM

If Saadie ends up winning it it would be huge but also a sad indictment on the rest of the team and the year we've had.
Rischa looked sore yesterday and Dion looked in lala land after that high bump from Van Berlo that won't even get looked at by the match review panel. That Maysie suspension still riles me. Josh Kennedy will kick 10 against us next week, and Cloke will monster us the week after. This season we've been hit with the perfect storm. Un*******believable. West Coast will be on a high after beating Port. I've still got bad memories of Rd 23 last year where they destroyed us at home.

Watching Caddy tonight and how he has developed since leaving makes me want the strangle Bluey, soft coaches build soft players

Come at me *******
He's had a poor year until Friday night. Disposal is poor and we have enough of those. My vent is at Clayton for picking him and Heppell went the next pick.

Clayton fooked up quite a lot at that draft.

Day @ 3, Gorringe @ 10, Tape @13, Taylor @ 39, Gillbee @ 49.

So many excellent players we could have taken that are currently ripping it up at other clubs, but that's the risk.
notable misses around those selections were dyson heppell (8), brodie smith (14), luke parker (40), tom mcdonald (53). :cry:

If it makes you guys feel any better, we're not the only club not to take those guys AND we will inevitably get it 'wrong' in future drafts in years to come

Question for you guys. I'll be making my way to Perth soon and I'll basically be spending 24 hours on a plane and was wondering if any of you could recommend some footy books?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back