Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone keen for the spoon ths season? Make a better story if we become competitive again next season..?

HOWEVER. Have we got an injury prone list? Are we going to suffer this problem with this group every year?

Anyone keen for the spoon ths season? Make a better story if we become competitive again next season..?

HOWEVER. Have we got an injury prone list? Are we going to suffer this problem with this group every year?

Most of our players will start to filter back in after bye rounds. I dont think we will get the spoon. A first up draft pick would be good, but I think the negatives outweigh the positives

Most of our players will start to filter back in after bye rounds. I dont think we will get the spoon. A first up draft pick would be good, but I think the negatives outweigh the positives
If its winter and freezing cold; you may as well have the snow...

From the AFL website on who would be leading the B&F. A indictment on the established playing group or are our rookies that good?

In a difficult season for the Suns to date, stand-in skipper Michael Rischitelli has shone like a beacon. The 29-year-old midfielder has averaged 26 disposals and six tackles and been a relentless worker, win or lose. It may be a surprise to outsiders, but first-year player Touk Miller would be closely pushing Rischitelli for the top spot. Miller has excelled as both a small forward and midfielder and is getting better the more matches he plays. Dion Prestiafinished third in last year's count and is putting together another consistent season, averaging 28 disposals, while rookie-elevated defender Adam Saad would also sit comfortably in the top-four. His run-and-dash has been a highlight of Gold Coast matches so far. You could raffle the fifth spot, but despite being inconsistent, Harley Bennell might just sneak in. - Michael Whiting

Needless to say this weekend's game is a very critical game. One champion will retire, but will other champions rise to the occassion? Or, more importantly, will they rise to silence critics and supporters alike?
I for one believe this is the biggest game of our season because it needs to be the beginning of a drastic turn-around. With almost every footy fan remembering what we did to Richmond in the Elimination Final, this game is vital to our 2015 season and Premiership hopes. The wake-up call has been delivered, now it's the time for us to deliver...

The single greatest thing you can do for your beloved club this Sunday, is to turn up at Adelaide Oval (if that is remotely possible for you to do). We need to show the AFL, the other clubs and, most importantly, our boys that no matter what they go through, we will never give up on them. We will be there to cheer on our boys and remind everybody why it is rightfully nicknamed The Portress.

You have every right to be upset as a supporter from the recent performances. You might even think that "why should I turn up, when the lads didn't bother last week". And if you think that, then maybe you see justification, but remember what you are... you are a supporter. And what does a supporter do? Through the good and the bad, through the tarps and pouring rain, through the shutdowns and the comebacks, the supporter will SUPPORT.

I know that opinions and empty threats from one guy on his keyboard in another state are of little significance, but if you are a member and don't go to the game this Sunday (unless legitimate/health reasons, or don't pass on your pass to another Power supporter), and show our boys the support they need, then frankly you don't deserve your membership. I would love to be at every Power home game - so remember your role and importance as a member/supporter, or you're better off giving it to someone who would cherish it more.

We are Port Adelaide, and no matter what is thrown our way, they will never EVER tear us apart. Time to put those words into practice, people.
I thought this was a good post to share with Suns fans that are currently frustrated/feel disenfranchised with their team. Really puts in perspective how important it is to play your role as a supporter.

Gold Coast may have an injury crisis but at least they don't have a club crisis (that we're aware of). Carlton is taking a lot of the negative press off the Suns. Let's not forget it was the Gold Coast that caused Ratten to get the sack and brought on the Malthouse era. The Blues have never been the same since that day at Metricon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with Mick gone the new Carlton coach will get a bump and the players will win a game or 2 in the next few weeks leaving us dead last, ******* unbelievable
Round 13 - Carlton v Gold Coast @ Etihad

You would think Ablett would be back for that game. It's straight after the bye so there might be a few back in that game.

I'll be there pulling every inch of my hair out...
I'll be there too - flying down for the game (our 100th AFL game as a club!). I hope there will be a function or something to celebrate, because it'll likely be our only other win for the season too haha.

I'll be there too - flying down for the game (our 100th AFL game as a club!). I hope there will be a function or something to celebrate, because it'll likely be our only other win for the season too haha.
That's interesting. Not only will the club's 100th AFL game be against Carlton but Carrara Stadium's 100th game was against Carlton. I guess the only way it could get any stranger is if the first Gold Coast player to reach 100 games next year happens to be playing against Carlton when he reaches that feat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back