Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
If you have a smartphone, there are free radio apps that let you listen to every main radio station in Australia via the Internet. Search for radio Australia in your App Store

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Eade: Positive feeling around club after last weeks win. He didn't expect the boys to play as well as they did.

He was brought in to fix up deficiencies in the club. Excited by the challenge. Once player work ethics are sorted, blue skies for the club faster than you think.

He is planning on being a long term coach at the Suns beyond his current 3yr contract.

Leadership growing every week. Younger players now standing up. Ie. KK

Medias portrayal of GC lifestyle is off the mark. No different to any other city.

Dixon - club working with Charlie's management, clubs wants him to stay. He is also emotionally attached to the club as a foundation player and wants to stay. It's just the $$$$ that needs to be worked out - whether the Suns will raise their offer.

Eade wants Harley to stay long term. No trade talk being entered in to. Contracted for another cpl years. Club working with Harley to help him mature into a responsible AFL footballer.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I Managed to listen to it after all

Main points
  • they asked him if he was sold a lemon and if so would he be moving on at years end, he confirmed he would be here for 2 more years minimum and hoped for longer
  • Growth in the group and individuals in terms of leadership has been enormous
  • On Dixon, he wants him to stay, he believes Charlie is invested in the club, our staff are working behind the scenes with his management. He did say that if the rumoured $$$ were true it would have to be a temptation but he was hopefully he would stay
  • On Harley, whats him to stay, has a really good relationship with him, announcement tomorrow on his welfare and where to next
  • General, said that Caros article yesterday was just plain wrong. We are not shopping Harley or Dixon around and there is no rift. He also stood up for the GC and all the drug culture crap they are going on a bout in Melbourne, said it was no different here than it is in Melbourne or Perth

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I Managed to listen to it after all

Main points
  • they asked him if he was sold a lemon and if so would he be moving on at years end, he confirmed he would be here for 2 more years minimum and hoped for longer
  • Growth in the group and individuals in terms of leadership has been enormous
  • On Dixon, he wants him to stay, he believes Charlie is invested in the club, our staff are working behind the scenes with his management. He did say that if the rumoured $$$ were true it would have to be a temptation but he was hopefully he would stay
  • On Harley, whats him to stay, has a really good relationship with him, announcement tomorrow on his welfare and where to next
  • General, said that Caros article yesterday was just plain wrong. We are not shopping Harley or Dixon around and there is no rift. He also stood up for the GC and all the drug culture crap they are going on a bout in Melbourne, said it was no different here than it is in Melbourne or Perth

Rocket's time in the media and experience really showing through

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon - club working with Charlie's management, clubs wants him to stay. He is also emotionally attached to the club as a foundation player and wants to stay. It's just the $$$$ that needs to be worked out - whether the Suns will raise their offer.
Players do build tendencies when it comes to off-contract seasons and, in Charlie's case, he rejected the Suns' first (lower) offer in 2012. He opted to let his football do the talking and it resulted in a larger three-year contract. There is every chance that Charlie is doing the same thing here. Trying to prove to the Suns that he's worth closer to the Lions' offer than what he has currently been offered because deep down he wants to stay. Let's not forget he rejected big money from Hawthorn in 2012.

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
New thread on Richmond site. How stupid are Victorians? Enjoy.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ablett the Redeemer...

NXPYBzg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SC_GC

All Australian
May 19, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anyone know how long the contract with BLK is for, seems pretty early to be having a large sale like that.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Had the displeasure of watching my first "footy show" in 10 years last night to see the Harley interview.

What a Melbourne-centric dribblefest it still is, How Sam Newman is still wheeled out to tell his stupid stories after 20 years is just mind blowing. He tried to quote President Nixons speech to who he called Neil Buzz Armstrong :rolleyes: whilst on the moon, he said he called him from the Oval ROOM :rolleyes:. The greatest accomplishment of his generation and he can remember the name of the guy or the name of the room the President called from FFS.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Had the displeasure of watching my first "footy show" in 10 years last night to see the Harley interview.

What a Melbourne-centric dribblefest it still is, How Sam Newman is still wheeled out to tell his stupid stories after 20 years is just mind blowing. He tried to quote President Nixons speech to who he called Neil Buzz Armstrong :rolleyes: whilst on the moon, he said he called him from the Oval ROOM :rolleyes:. The greatest accomplishment of his generation and he can remember the name of the guy or the name of the room the President called from FFS.
yeah i stopped watching it as soon as they got dickhead hughesy
sammy annoys me. the others are alright

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
hey fellas,

back from a short holiday. i left pretty much a couple days before the whole "bennel" thing went down, so big thanks to SUNS for hanging tough through all that. should be back to close to full activity in the next few days.

i tried to keep an eye on how we were going whilst i was overseas, but struggled a bit. looking forward to getting back into watching some footy again!

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
hey fellas,

back from a short holiday. i left pretty much a couple days before the whole "bennel" thing went down, so big thanks to SUNS for hanging tough through all that. should be back to close to full activity in the next few days.

i tried to keep an eye on how we were going whilst i was overseas, but struggled a bit. looking forward to getting back into watching some footy again!

Don't worry - I have just been reading and carding haha. Nothing worth posting about :(

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How many years damage did the McKenna-Schwerdt pairing inflict on the Suns' list? It's extremely obvious that the list lacks the fitness required at the AFL level and that has to come back to Schwerdt. I remember commentators saying earlier in the year that McKenzie has barely improved his fitness or muscle size since being drafted. That's just one example of years wasted in terms of development. Now the club has Eade and Cordy running the show but I just wonder how many years the club has been set back as a result of previous development over lookers.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well were behind every year he was in charge.. But really you'd say about 25% fitness and 50% development ( tactics structures game plans etc)

Lonergan is praising Eade for his development this year!!

' I've learnt a lot since Rockets come in, I've played different positions, I can see the game from different angles and I'm learning more about the game, it's been good for my development '

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-07-28/injuryfree-lonergan-adding-strings-to-his-bow

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well were behind every year he was in charge.. But really you'd say about 25% fitness and 50% development ( tactics structures game plans etc)

Lonergan is praising Eade for his development this year!!

' I've learnt a lot since Rockets come in, I've played different positions, I can see the game from different angles and I'm learning more about the game, it's been good for my development '

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2015-07-28/injuryfree-lonergan-adding-strings-to-his-bow
So 75% of four years is three years but does it go back into the TAC Cup and VFL days? I'm not saying this just because he's the current coach of my club but I honestly believe Ken Hinkley helped combat those years where they lacked proper development. Charlie Dixon is a good example of the influence Hinkley had. Anyway, point is, the Suns list is likely several years behind where it should be in terms of development.

Dacksaredown

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
Sold a lemon
Yeah right
Gaz, Swallow, Prestia O'meara Dixon Lynch Saad KK Maysie Harbs Riska Martin
All walk up starts in any other team
I'd like to drive them lemons off the block