Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

I went onto the Alto website and looked at the virtual tour. They had a signed GC Suns guernsey in a frame on the wall, so I assume they'd have AFL on the many TVs around the place.

They also sponsor the Suns too, don't they?
They are indeed a sponsor of the Suns. I actually have to correct myself here. I got Altos mixed up with Broadbeach Tavern. They are probably only about 20-30 metres from each. I said the Altos sports bar when I actually meant Broadbeach Tavern which is connected to Liars Bar. I think someone revealed Altos is actually owned by an ex-AFL player so I'd say there is a fair chance you're going to be able to watch the Collingwood match there.

When the alteration is finally made to the city plan and the QLD government allows alcohol-only bars on the Gold Coast, I think you'll see more ideal locations for watching footy pop up.

The boys letting there hair down first time in ages and some bloke wants to tell them how they should behave ? Let the boys have fun ffs.

I know the guy who posted that. Just having a friendly laugh :)

Troubled Suns player Harley Bennell charged with disorderly behaviour, likely to have played last Gold Coast game
TROUBLED Suns player Harley Bennell is almost certain to have played his last game for the Gold Coast following an alleged incident in Surfers Paradise on the weekend.

Police sources allege Bennell was charged with disorderly behaviour after an argument with a security guard outside a nightclub.

Bennell allegedly “slapped a cigarette out of a bouncer’s hand” and later recorded a high blood-alcohol reading.

Court checks this morning reveal the alleged offence has yet to be listed with the registry at the Southport Magistrate’s Court.

But the Suns managers are aware of the incident and began holding crisis talks this morning about Bennell’s future.

story-fnj9yd7s-1227515978566

They are concerned about his welfare and making arrangements for staff to visit him.

Bennell, 23, missed the Suns’ last match of 2015 against Sydney on the weekend after hurting his calf muscle.

A club spokesman told the Bulletin: “The club has just been informed of the matter. It hasn’t received any information from Bennell. We are trying to make contact with him.”

Bennell in July apologised to Coast fans about his drug use after pictures of him with drugs and strippers in a Tasmanian hotel room were splashed across News Limited papers.
That's it. He's getting traded. No way the Suns keep him after this incident in Surfers Paradise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember my proud 2009 Foundation Membership pack
Bright eyed furry tailed young 18yo's lined up ready to take on the World and the whole AFL trembling at the thought of our 2014-2017 successive premierships
President saying a Premiership in 2015
All seems a long long way away now
Club really has to start showing us where we're heading and start giving the supporters some hope
I don't think I can stomach another year of non-signings from O'Meara and Prestia
Currently my enthusiasm meter is stuck on zero

How cheesed off would the rest of the playing group be having to curtail their post season drinks. Imagine doing the right thing for 10 months and having your wrap-up celebrations destroyed at the last minute.

I remember my proud 2009 Foundation Membership pack
Bright eyed furry tailed young 18yo's lined up ready to take on the World and the whole AFL trembling at the thought of our 2014-2017 successive premierships
President saying a Premiership in 2015
All seems a long long way away now
Club really has to start showing us where we're heading and start giving the supporters some hope
I don't think I can stomach another year of non-signings from O'Meara and Prestia
Currently my enthusiasm meter is stuck on zero
Do we have to send this bloke over to you?

846983-25dc516e-bbbb-11e3-9580-78f49dffd642.jpg

Many clubs assign minders to look after high risk players on Mad Monday and even end of season trips. Why on earth wasn't this the case with our boys? We've now lost one of our most exciting boys to a minor dispute with a bouncer. He didn't bash, rape or rob anyone. This was totally avoidable. He should know better and obviously has issues on the turps, so what did the club do to avoid this? I'm really disappointed with our club over this. Rant over.

Many clubs assign minders to look after high risk players on Mad Monday and even end of season trips. Why on earth wasn't this the case with our boys? We've now lost one of our most exciting boys to a minor dispute with a bouncer. He didn't bash, rape or rob anyone. This was totally avoidable. He should know better and obviously has issues on the turps, so what did the club do to avoid this? I'm really disappointed with our club over this. Rant over.
He had several other players with him. He still got drunk and got himself in trouble.

After all this time, he still hasn't acknowledged that he can't handle his alcohol and turns into a campaigner when he drinks. There are countless stories of Harley misbehaving when he drinks, and the club shouldn't have to baby their players.

If he's going to be a pain, he can * off. It truly does make me sad to think that he won't be at Metricon next year, but he's had plenty of chances. I just hope we get adequate compensation.

What what I want to know is where was Gary and Rischa when this was going down? They knew he was high risk and yet the bloke still got into troubke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back