Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Just interested in GCS BF fans thoughts on the impact for 2016 with the change of rotations (120 to 90) and having 4 interchange players (no more sub rule).

Does it favour a certain type of player and or diminish another?

i think teams with great depth of players with the ability to rotate through the midfield will grow even stronger. mids are gonna push forward even more than they have been already. could be a blessing in disguise that we've had to rotate so many guys through the midfield due to injury this year. with that extra experience and belief that they can contribute, could be very handy with the lower interchanges.

also, i reckon the idea of the sub was good, with the ability to even up a game when an injury occurs, but it just wasnt good for the game. some young players have racked up 20 odd games, but will still have had little actual game time experience when they've been the sub. it'll be nice to go back to the way it was.

TARGETMAN I expect you to come up with something witty like this when the Suns get to host a final in the future:

RtcGUUs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else sick of the Hawks, great team butt with free agency seeing anyone looking for a flag jumping to the hawks they could be up there for another 10 years. its gettting boring
Yep. People complaining about the compromised drafts with GWS and us joining the comp. Hawks have benefitted from it and free agency by being round about the mark with a star young team in 2008, they've just been able to top up via FA (and some smart trading :oops:) with other clubs struggling to close the gap as a lot of the star kids have gone to the new clubs. Haven't been so bored with the AFL since the 1980s...which coincidentally was also Hawthorn. It is Hawthorn's fault footy is so boring.

I'm interested in knowing how you guys feel about next season (First time here and I barely know any GCS fans). I for one, keep telling all my mates and family that Gold Coast Suns are coming next year. I'm a big fan of Rocket Eade and I have you guys in the 8, possible smokey for the 4.

I'm interested in knowing how you guys feel about next season (First time here and I barely know any GCS fans). I for one, keep telling all my mates and family that Gold Coast Suns are coming next year. I'm a big fan of Rocket Eade and I have you guys in the 8, possible smokey for the 4.

A good run with injuries we should be looking for finalas.

certainly put our grand final to shame!!!

Silvagnii with injuries and 2015 behind us, we've got the potential to play well again next year. another year of rocket's coaching under our belt, another year of familiarity with it. sure we're losing bennell and dixon, but that's a fair bit of salary cap to explore other options with. the optimistic view is that we'll be much better next year, one would hope haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back