Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Last couple of posts from other thread:
Dale Thomas... What was I thinking?
Dear Dane,

F***in Swan you fat lazy piece of sh*t!!! Brownlow? Check. Premiership? Check. Restraining order? Check. Not much else left to do, is there mate?

Don't worry about your team mates or the loyal fans. Hit the burgers in the off-season, come back the size of the house and eek out your final days skulking across half-back with a half-assed effort.

97 my arse. You're better than this? What a waste.

You were my vice captain, too. Consider this the first and last time you'll be in my team this season.

Love,
Yellow Feathers
Vent away you bastards!

re: dale thomas - you were thinking 90-100 avg for 328k like the rest of us

will turn him in to a rookie if he dishes up that crap again

re: dale thomas - you were thinking 90-100 avg for 328k like the rest of us

will turn him in to a rookie if he dishes up that crap again
Daisy is OUT. He looked like he didn't have a really defined role. I dunno if it's got anything to do with fitness, but to me looks like he's one of the runts of the cash cow herd.

Clearly had Polec emergency in the afl site version pre-lockout.
Come Monday it only has 3 emergencies selected for me...none in the midfield...no Polec
...in order to save your team you had to select 4 bloody emergencies.
Now I cant put a cheap player on the field get Polecs score and upgrade someone else to a premium for round 1. Site is fecked.

Edit: and now if I just log in and click save changes to my team without changing anything...it says please select 4 emergencies...o_O

this thread could set records for most pages on bigfooty, the amount of s**t wrong with the fantasy sight is a joke, captain and vice captain symbols completely gone

Dunstan? As sure as any to be playing considdering St Kilda's injury list.
I could say Cunningham too, but, the lack of playing rooks (other than midfield) and current playing rooks with JS issues in all other positions is a little bit of a worry. (annoyed with Sando at the moment for resisting temptation to play Crouch + still annoyed with Sando for burning Wrighty on me last season come round 6-7. Lets say I probably have a grudge on Sando). This is from a RDT/SC perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could say Cunningham too, but, the lack of playing rooks (other than midfield) and current playing rooks with JS issues in all other positions is a little bit of a worry. (annoyed with Sando at the moment for resisting temptation to play Crouch + still annoyed with Sando for burning Wrighty on me last season come round 6-7. Lets say I probably have a grudge on Sando). This is from a RDT/SC perspective.

Agreed, definitely think the forward rookies are by far the worst. Backline there are a few potential gems.

Clearly had Polec emergency in the afl site version pre-lockout.
Come Monday it only has 3 emergencies selected for me...none in the midfield...no Polec
...in order to save your team you had to select 4 bloody emergencies.
Now I cant put a cheap player on the field get Polecs score and upgrade someone else to a premium for round 1. Site is fecked.

Edit: and now if I just log in and click save changes to my team without changing anything...it says please select 4 emergencies...o_O

Updated vent:
Ignored my first email. Replied to my second email saying it was actually my error.
Replied to my third email saying it was in fact their error and that they had now fixed it.
Replied to my fourth email after I'd told them that no it hadn't been fixed and Polec still wasn't selected as emergency with what they really meant when they said they fixed it which was "We are aware of this issue and are going to have it fixed ASAP. We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but please bear with us."
which leads us to...
2014 AFL Fantasy Site betting:
Round 1 H2H:
Bug to be fixed before lockout @ $1.91
Bug to not be fixed before lockout @ $1.91

Quality match-up this week.

Updated vent:
Ignored my first email. Replied to my second email saying it was actually my error.
Replied to my third email saying it was in fact their error and that they had now fixed it.
Replied to my fourth email after I'd told them that no it hadn't been fixed and Polec still wasn't selected as emergency with what they really meant when they said they fixed it which was "We are aware of this issue and are going to have it fixed ASAP. We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but please bear with us."
which leads us to...
2014 AFL Fantasy Site betting:
Round 1 H2H:
Bug to be fixed before lockout @ $1.91
Bug to not be fixed before lockout @ $1.91

Quality match-up this week.

Putting the house on it now.

Anyone getting Loading, Please wait continually on their screens? Mine's ****** i think. FFS I hate this comp!

Yea Im getting this too. I have to look at the AFL website to see my players are on.
Starting to loose interest in Fantasy TBH!
Also the App is bloody crap as it doesnt have a live option and I cant even run the website through my iphone, it just comes up with a screen directing you to the app store to download the poxy app which is virtually useless.

Also vent at Dangerfield for spudding it up. I will take great pleasure at removing him n Daisy from my team Sunday night.

Just looking at my AFL Fantasy side..

How can I have a midfield of Swan, SJ, Barlow, Ebert, Beams and Cotchin yet still have 4 premium backs plus Suckling and a forward line of Dangerfield, Parker, T.Mitchell, Franklin, Caddy and Higgins?

I have a total of 3 rookie priced players on my field. What a joke. This game is supposed to be challenging.

And yet they think a round 1 free hit is needed? ha.

I'm not taking AFL Fantasy seriously but come on.. is it too much to ask that they can make it slightly harder/competitive? This setup is just making it too easy for everyone to get a strong team which then just comes down to luck rather than actually being a half decent coach.

Not to mention how long it takes just to load my team.

Oh, and while I'm at it… The DT Talk crew supporting/working for AFL Fantasy annoys me. I understand that it would have come across as a really good opportunity for them and I don't know details on the $$ but they are DTers that are promoting a competition that has so many issues in almost every aspect of it. They got most of their followers playing VS's version of the game after all.

The flowering rucks.

Not a single rookie priced ruck named. Even spending on Longer went out the window and the cheapest ruck named is over 250k

To add to this we lost Cox, Natanui, Roughhead who have been dual position in the past so can't even use DPP's to cover the ruck stocks unless we take Hale.

The flowering rucks.

Not a single rookie priced ruck named. Even spending on Longer went out the window and the cheapest ruck named is over 250k

To add to this we lost Cox, Natanui, Roughhead who have been dual position in the past so can't even use DPP's to cover the ruck stocks unless we take Hale.
Yeah it's annoying blokes like Roughead, Kreuzer and Petrie aren't ruck/fwds. In 2012 the ruck/fwd department was slim too from what I can recall. Hopefully Derickx plays next week cos I'm rolling with Sandi and Hickey at the moment.

Vent at self for going on holiday!!!!

Prior to going planned Jacobs/Sandi/Hickey combo, giving coverage and avoiding a donut. But no... went away and forgot that I still had Big Boy at R1! Gah!!

I just really hate the whole free hit nonsense. What's the point of picking a decent team that's good for round 1 if everyone else winds up with the same team in round 2? It kills off one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game, which is carefully selecting your starting lineup and building on it from round 1 onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back