Vent thread... boy do we need it... again. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leppa ain't perfect but changing coaches will do **** all for us IMO.

Yeah it won't/ can't happen anyway. With him having Leigh's support and our financial situation, it won't happen. Its not worth discussing. I won't be happy if that contract is extended though. No coach I can remember has ever come back from the depths of despair like this though, once you see this low - it's hard to coach your way out of it.

Leppa ain't perfect but changing coaches will do **** all for us IMO.

I tend to agree. I like Leppa a lot, but I feel he must be on at least Plan B by now and not gaining. He's had two pre-seasons and a full playing season (and a quarter) now, and to an outside observer it's pretty obvious the team is not buying in to his vision. They might be mouthing the party line and saying all the right things but deep down they're reacting and playing with no confidence.

Better hope that he faces the music and moves on to Plan C soon.

Bomber Thompson is needed as coach he gets the job done but also cops it on the chin if it doesn't work and changes his ideas, Does not blame the players for his inability on coaching a football team.
I honestly believe it's not the players on this occasion I do not think the like the coach and have very little respect for him, if this is true they will not play for him.
Enter Mark (bomber) Thompson.
2 posts since you joined (today?).
Are you Bomber's agent?
Are you Bomber?
:straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee if we didnt have to waste so much on beams we could have tried to get Paddy ryder along with christensen and beams could be lookoing alot better with a decent target in the f50

He's not going to come out and dominate. Taking pressure off mcstay will help
Similarly Merrett takes pressure off Clarke. Put Freeman upfront with Mcstay and add the resting Ruckman and all of a sudden we have size and structure and the mozzies have something to buzz around. There is hope. I just watch that Collingwood game at the MCG again when I am in need of inspiration. Add D Beams, Tommy Cutler young Robbo and Bundy into that team and we have a very formidable team.

Leppa said it... Either the players don't want to run... Or can't!!!

One thing that concerned me was in the locker talk clip this week.

Josh Green said that he didn't eat junk food. Everyone within earshot burst into laughter as he clearly does. He is a highly paid professional athlete..... Why is the culture within the team accept such a relaxed attitude to diet when it's soooo important to performance.
Especially when he looks overweight.

They should be pissed off at him.

Chief just had a real vent (twice) at Allen Christensen for missing that open goal, "you come with a big reputation, you're earning a good quid, and that's what you're serving up? what gives you the right to denigrate the game with rubbish like that? where do you get off, seriously? when the game is at its lowest ebb in Qld, strolling into an open goal, one of the experienced players in a team that's struggling, and serving up that rubbish. I've just about had it!"

Chief just had a real vent (twice) at Allen Christensen for missing that open goal, "you come with a big reputation, you're earning a good quid, and that's what you're serving up? what gives you the right to denigrate the game with rubbish like that? where do you get off, seriously? when the game is at its lowest ebb in Qld, strolling into an open goal, one of the experienced players in a team that's struggling, and serving up that rubbish. I've just about had it!"

I remember clearly yelling when he kicked that point, "Someone get Jason Dunstall here NOW!".

Can we get Jason Dunstall in to work with our forwards?

Leppa said it... Either the players don't want to run... Or can't!!!

One thing that concerned me was in the locker talk clip this week.

Josh Green said that he didn't eat junk food. Everyone within earshot burst into laughter as he clearly does. He is a highly paid professional athlete..... Why is the culture within the team accept such a relaxed attitude to diet when it's soooo important to performance.
Especially when he looks overweight.

They should be pissed off at him.

Completely agree but that was ine of the funniest things on lions footy for a long time :)

gee if we didnt have to waste so much on beams we could have tried to get Paddy ryder along with christensen and beams could be lookoing alot better with a decent target in the f50

we cant even move the ball through our midfield... bascially every structure we have aint working. Having the quality tall forward wouldnt change much atm

we cant even move the ball through our midfield... bascially every structure we have aint working. Having the quality tall forward wouldnt change much atm

when i checked the stats we had equal amounts of inside f50 entries compared to the GC and in the past games Ive watched there were periods where we would absolutely be bombarding the opposition teams f50 5 to 10 entries in a row for no result. It definitely is our major issue I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back