Vent Thread round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I can excuse Hanley and Redden for their efforts they have missed some footy, but the fox footy commentary team had my blood boiling!! Ling you are an absolute muppet and BT I never want to hear you call a game again

Carlton sack malthouse look what has happened. We are fairly stale at the moment. Injuries and all but every player out there knows how to play Aussie rules.
And to think we could have nabbed Simpson. I hope we bring in someone from Hawks or Geelong at the end of next year, sustained success would be a nice environment

This call for Leppa to go is too early. FFS look at our injury list.

But if he doesn't do something about our lack of strength and ability to spread then I'll be the first to jump on board.
We have a bunch of no name coaches. s**t look at Freo's coaching panel.

Look I loved Browny and Black as players but they have absolutely no experience when it comes to coaching. GOD is IIRC our most experienced coach and he is rubbish. We have pretty much 1st/2nd/3rd year coaches all over the shop and I think it we need to bring in some experienced people who have come from or have been part of success. I hope Swann is in the ear of Sanderson as I would believe he would be a good get as senior assistant to the Leppa. Heck even Malthouse would be better than what Black and Brown have to offer up. We just have too many inexperienced coaches.

Instead of a player experience watch thread I think we should have a coaches experience watch thread as well.

We should be given a few extra million this season from the AFL and I want a large portion of that thrown towards coaches.

This call for Leppa to go is too early. FFS look at our injury list.

But if he doesn't do something about our lack of strength and ability to spread then I'll be the first to jump on board.
We have a bunch of no name coaches. s**t look at Freo's coaching panel.

Doesn't excuse how terrible we played at the beginning of the year, despite having almost a full team. I think we can all agree that Leppa won't take us to a grand final, so it's just a matter of how much rebuilding and mediocrity we can accept from him.

henry_viii.jpg

Carlton sack malthouse look what has happened. We are fairly stale at the moment. Injuries and all but every player out there knows how to play Aussie rules.

What happened was that they barely beat the same team that we lead post to post?

Out of curiousity, who else apart from Leppa was interviewed for senior coach?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brisbane+interview+leppitsch+to+replace+voss

Rather than replace Voss with the experience of former Adelaide coach Neil Craig, the Lions went for Leppitsch, an improving assistant coach who has worked at Richmond for the past four years.

The coach selection sub-committee, which included Leppitsch's multiple premiership coach Leigh Matthews, short-listed the former club leading goal kicker-turned-star-defender late last week.

Leppitsch was the Lions' unanimous choice after interviewing impressively.

Others in the mix were Swans assistant coach Leigh Tudor, Essendon assistant Simon Goodwin and Hawthorn assistant Adam Simpson.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...justin-leppitsch/story-fnca0u4y-1226726479210

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year is make or break for Leppa. I really hope he can turn it around. He needs some luck though. Sick of losing by 10+ goals most weeks. It just is no good.

Dean Warren, Brett Burton, etc. are the ones on borrowed time. I'm sure Leppa knows how a good football team plays but the coaching staff have been unable to get our team even close to playing in that manner.

We need to steal someone from the Hawks or Sydney and copy their off field setup.

Look I loved Browny and Black as players but they have absolutely no experience when it comes to coaching. GOD is IIRC our most experienced coach and he is rubbish. We have pretty much 1st/2nd/3rd year coaches all over the shop and I think it we need to bring in some experienced people who have come from or have been part of success. I hope Swann is in the ear of Sanderson as I would believe he would be a good get as senior assistant to the Leppa. Heck even Malthouse would be better than what Black and Brown have to offer up. We just have too many inexperienced coaches.

Instead of a player experience watch thread I think we should have a coaches experience watch thread as well.

We should be given a few extra million this season from the AFL and I want a large portion of that thrown towards coaches.
I agree for the most part but Brown is only part-time. He should be viewed as a mentor more than a coach.

What happened was that they barely beat the same team that we lead post to post?

Questions are going to get asked. Maybe we do need a fresh start. Someone with little more determination and not clueless looks in the coaches box. I want leppa to succeed but we really look hopeless at some stages not just the poor skills but the lack of run chasing an opponent. Poor old clarkey and paps caught out again last night trying to beat 3 or 4 dogs players.

Wouldn't mind us throwing a chunk of cash towards McCarthy, with an option to become head coach if Leppa flops. Was dealt harshly by the Dogs and moulded them into the young contested ball winning side we see today. We seriously need to improve our contested work it's an absolute joke. Last night Dogs players get the ball with 3 Lions players around him and they easily get the ball out of the contested situation to their outside players... Lions on the other hand either get tackled with ball, handball to the feet of our players putting them under more pressure or we just handball straight to the Dog players.

Been like this for years.

Heres a sad fact: Pick 4 2006 Leuenburger. Pick 37 Todd Goldstein.

Tippet went at 32 in the same draft. Frawley at 12, Jack Riewoldt at 13.

Gumbleton went at 2, which is just crazy, wonder if we would have picked him had Essendon gone Burger?
I think were tossing up between Matty Leuenburger and Joel Selwood . I wish we would have taken Joel :p

2011 - 'Oh finals a couple years away we are building something special'
2014 - 'Finals not too far away, really promising young talent with skilled leaders'
2015 - 'No light at the end of the tunnel'.

Richmond were so pathetic they didn't make the finals from 2002-2013 and we are going to comfortably beat that starting from 2010 (You could count 2005 if you really wanted despite 2009)

We are irrelevant, finished as a football club and our 'young' list plays with no structure.
Leppa reminds me of Primus, he might be gone this season if we keep losing by 10 goals every single ******* time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back