Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Warren on Wednesday night before kick-off in the Origin:
"Is this the start of 9 in a row for Queensland or is it the beginning of the end for NSW ?"
Err, are'nt they the same thing ?

Was it just me or did Alistair Lynch let a 's**t yeah' out in mirth after a fellow commentator made mention of the fact Tom Rockliff gets under the skin of opposition players?

Last night on Triple M, Mark Howard described a ball as being "stymied" forward... :confused:

"Kick" would have been fine, Mark. No need to try to sound clever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On SEN today when I think they were talking to Boomer Harvey.

Robbo rambles on for about 2 minutes trying to ask a question "...and you won those games interstate but then lost....it's been win/loss since Round...3, is it? Or whatever it is...and people are thinking should we tip the Roos this week.....or....or not tip them....you know, you're a hard team to tip.....cause your form's been hot and cold...and...and you've...."

Huddo: "What he's trying to say is, how do you see your form this season?"

Brad McEwan: "Edithville Station". It's Edithvale. Ha.

Lachie Whitfield should've said "first-hand" in his reply about how "pizza gate" was reported, but instead said:

"Up here in Sydney ya don't hear much, so I've only heard it first class from the players."

Unless he really meant that it was first class info from his team-mates. HA

use of the terms:

- blood rule
- concussion rule

when a player leaves with blood flowing from an open wound, or concussion, commentators, all of them, will declare player X is going off with the "blood rule/concussion rule".

um no, they are going off with flowing blood or concussion.

if they continue to butcher basic English, then why when commentating a decision where player P is caught holding the ball, they declare "he's been pinged with the holding the ball rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back