VERSUS Bout Three: Scott Lucas vs Paul Salmon

who wins this battle Lucas v Salmon

• Lucas

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Salmon

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Lloyd, if he'd been played in a position that suited him more, could have played on until 2011.

Lucas, however, I'm not so sure about. He was never the same after that injury in early 2008.

Did I do him justice?

Assume this is to me on Lucas. Decent summary but my memory is that he was very consistent and didn't have many bad games when fit throughout his career. The last season or two he battled bursitis in his elbow and a knee issue. Often he shouldn't have played but always gave it his all. I think his loyalty is understated as he rejected multiple good offers from rival clubs to stay with Essendon. Has a great football brain and also very intelligent in general. Upon retirement he decided to go down more the sports administration path rather than coaching. He'd be a great assistant coach but has loftier ambitions along the lines of general manager, football operations manager type roles.

Despite knowing Scott a long time I voted Salmon and I'm sure Scott being the modest guy he is would vote salmon as well. It's hard to judge but watching the fish kick huge bags of goals as a kid leaves a lasting impression that's hard to sway by one of your peers.

Both boys copped it off their own supporters. Both champions of our club which confused the * out of me at times. How the * could these people bag these boys ? I get the fact that no-one is perfect that we all * up at some time, much like playing football. Scotty and Fish were so good for us for so long, I just never understood the vitriol sent their way.
F/wits you meet all throughout your life I put it down to.

Back