Portfolio VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

7UJx2su.jpg

9StwIcL.jpg

Added a new Prahran picture and Team Historical Picture.

View attachment 80415 View attachment 80416 View attachment 80417 View attachment 80418 View attachment 80420 bendigo seatbelt, oakleigh pointy monogram ( this style varied over the years - see vfa Facebook page), oakleigh concentric monogram, I thought oakleigh also once wore a monogram like the shield version but cannot find evidence. Lastly the dandenong logo
Found a jumper pick from 1986 that matches the embroidered shield with the rounded elongated 'o'.

Attachments

• DOC230914-23092014172604.pdf
    160.1 KB · Views: 39

Same logo as what logo. The one that is on the current VFL logo. The Victorian State team always wore the Big V even when the same V was in the logo of the then VFL.
Sorry, I didn't even clarify! The new Western Bulldogs logo, is what I meant!

Added a listing of all VFA/VFL clubs. This list was usually in the VFA Grand Final Football Recorder in the early 1990's. I have updated it to include all recent teams and name changes.
6ENucD9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where's Werribee?
Werribee is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 32 km south-west of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Wyndham. At the 2011 Census, Werribee had a population of 37,737.

Werribee is situated on the Werribee River, approximately halfway between Melbourne and Geelong, on the Princes Highway. It is the administrative centre of the City of Wyndham Local Government Area and is the City's most populous centre. Werribee is considered part of the Greater Melbourne metropolitan area and is included in the capital's population statistical division.

Werribee is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 32 km south-west of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Wyndham. At the 2011 Census, Werribee had a population of 37,737.

Werribee is situated on the Werribee River, approximately halfway between Melbourne and Geelong, on the Princes Highway. It is the administrative centre of the City of Wyndham Local Government Area and is the City's most populous centre. Werribee is considered part of the Greater Melbourne metropolitan area and is included in the capital's population statistical division.
You know if he put "where's werribee on the club thing" he would've gotten a smart arse comment so you don't need to put one.

Bump... Excellent work wizardwaffle , If it's of any interest regarding Albert Park , they were formed in May 1867 as South Melbourne , in 1868 they were re - named Emerald Hill and according to the Australasian a special general meeting was held on Friday 30 April 1869 of members of the South Melbourne FC at which a resolution was taken to rescind the changing of the name of the club from Emerald Hill back to South Melbourne and furthermore that the name be now the Albert Park Football Club. Source ( The Australasian Saturday 8 May 1869).

Bump... Excellent work wizardwaffle , If it's of any interest regarding Albert Park , they were formed in May 1867 as South Melbourne , in 1868 they were re - named Emerald Hill and according to the Australasian a special general meeting was held on Friday 30 April 1869 of members of the South Melbourne FC at which a resolution was taken to rescind the changing of the name of the club from Emerald Hill back to South Melbourne and furthermore that the name be now the Albert Park Football Club. Source ( The Australasian Saturday 8 May 1869).
In 1880 they merged with the South Melbourne FC that had formed in 1874.
South kept the name, Albert Park kept the colours and they still wear Red & White today.

In 1880 they merged with the South Melbourne FC that had formed in 1874.
South kept the name, Albert Park kept the colours and they still wear Red & White today.

Howdy Mero , yes true. Something I was unaware of totally , reading an October 1876 article of The Australasian on Trove was that in 1876 they merged with North Melbourne , they played under the Albert Park name for 1876 but by the time the next season came round in the VFA 1st year North had gone their separate way and joined the VFA as Hotham. BTW , have you seen the Prahran photo in wizardwaffle's montage? The one with the different PFC monogram , not the straight forward one. What type of font would that be and is it the same font as East Fremantle's 1st monogram ?. Old Chap.

Just checked my source for when Footscray entered the VFA. The period 1898 to 1924 was when they won their premierships, the fact that they joined in 1886 wasn't mentioned until a few sections later.

Does anyone know the designs of the Williamstown and South Williamstown jumpers before the merger. Also the designs of the three Ballarat teams of the 1880's.

The Argus 30 April 1886 (Page 6) has mentioned " The colours of the South Williamstown Club are Light Blue and White which would seem to clash to some extent with Hotham unless the latter make their Blue sash a permanent addition to the club uniform" ( No design mentioned of South Williamstown ).

Prahran 1st Incarnation - Dark and Light Blue.
Port Melbourne - Maroon and Navy Blue. WTF. (I thought it was Royal Blue and Red:confused:).

Only thing I have seen with regards Ballarat FC is an 1882 photo ( presumably Red and White ) Vertical stripes like North Melbourne's early stripes and Ballarat Imperial in a post 1888 photo (post competing in VFA ) looks like Carlton's Navy w/ Chamois design , as for colours , not sure.

Williamstown of 1875 Pre VFA were all Blue jacket , dark Blue knicks , Blue hose (socks) Blue cap w/ White stripe.

I thought I have read somewhere that Williamstown's colours before the merger were Black and Gold (not 100% sure though).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back