FTA-TV VFL and WAFL Television Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the guys who worked on the ABC actually worked away from the channel itself. They come from small media companies.

So it would not surprise me if Cleary and Rhys-Jones for example are retained.

In South Australia they apparently made a decision to not go with anyone from the ABC just to have a fresh start. They did use Mark Sodestrom who had previously worked at the ABC but not in the final year.

It worked well for them in SA in particular showing a game if there was no free to air AFL on that Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In South Australia they apparently made a decision to not go with anyone from the ABC just to have a fresh start. They did use Mark Sodestrom who had previously worked at the ABC but not in the final year.

It worked well for them in SA in particular showing a game if there was no free to air AFL on that Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Cool. Didn't know that.

Most of the guys who worked on the ABC actually worked away from the channel itself. They come from small media companies.

So it would not surprise me if Cleary and Rhys-Jones for example are retained.

It would not be the VFL without the great Phil Cleary and David Rhys Jones

will never happen, but i'd love to see the games televised into other markets too (ie SANFL into Melb, VFL in Adel etc)

could work with the multichanneling, AFL on 7, VFL, WAFL or SANFL on 7Mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back