VFL Fantasy draft

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Hi guys, how we all doing? Have been enjoying the fantasy draft that the Essendon board has been holding involving all the AFL listed players.

Have gone through each Melbourne clubs forum and selected you guys as the more keen and avid watchers of VFL watchers having attended multiple games.

Would you guys, or anyone you would like to tag into this thread that you feel would like to participate in a VFL phantom draft.

Placing in your nomination will place you into that draft position.

Anyways, thanks to fodzilla (who is organising the Essendon forum phantom draft) these are the rules which seem pretty fair to me.

• The draft will run in a snake format, which will be familiar to fantasy sports players. Essentially, every second round runs in reverse order, to neutralise the benefit of having a higher pick.
  • When it's your turn, you'll have 24 hours to make your pick. If you know you'll be unavailable, drop me a line and we can pause or arrange a ring-in to pick for you. Otherwise, the draft will proceed without you, but you can make your pick(s) as soon as you're back online.
  • If you name a player who has already been drafted (or, hey, has retired), too bad. The draft will proceed without you, but as above you can jump in and make your pick as soon as you notice your mistake.
  • Please state your pick number when you pick, and tag the next poster to alert them.
  • If you pick a player of which there is more than one in the league (eg. Josh Kennedy), be specific.

So guys; feel free to say yay, or if it's not for you then feel free to say no.

HARKER
@Matty123
Daz Bronco's (Turbocat any other Geelong supporters want to join in?)
Dixie Flatline
Demon 16
Nate 17
DrMike
stkildathunda
fronkalicious
BlueMaster1
zebraman
Continstar
winty
eth-dog
Jack Package
@Trade Draft
BrunoV

Thinking of getting this up and going by Sunday, so feel free to jump in early and sure up your place early in the draft.

Should be interesting

Interesting concept. I'd be in the same boat though (obviously with the Box Hill Hawks, rather than the Northern Blues) save for some of the more high profile VFL players. I'll still participate, though.

Yoda_ I only watch the Northern Blues games, hence know little from other teams other than those that have stood out on the games I've viewed.

Maybe that doesn't matter, as frankly my selections can only come from my club. Maybe I haven't grasped the concept yet but felt obliged to respond.

Anyne else from the Carlton forum who would enjoy something like this? Just a fantasy draft of all the VFL listed players really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back