VFL VFL Final - Sandringham v Port. Sat 6th Sept 2.10pm @ North Port Oval. Broadcast on ABC.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Port Melbourne v Sandringham

Date: Saturday September 6
Time: 2.10pm
Venue: North Port Oval

Media Coverage: @TrueZebras on Twitter will have comprehensive coverage & updates. You can also watch on ABC TV or tune into VFL Radio.

Entry Prices:
Adults: $15
Concession: $10
Kids 12 & under: Free

St Kilda Listed Players Qualified For VFL Finals

Trent Dennis Lane, Sam Dunnell, Jason Holmes, Terry Milera, Darren Minchington, Brodie Murdoch, Lewis Pierce, Dylan Roberton, Seb Ross, Josh Saunders, Cameron Shenton, Tom Simpkin, Spencer White, Nathan Wright

Qualified but have season ending injuries: Blake Acres, Josh Bruce, Tom Lee, Daniel Markworth, Arryn Siposs

http://www.truezebras.com/finals-week-2-port-melbourne-vs-sandringham-match-details/

From that list, you'd have to think TDL and Dunnell are certs - they've had great VFL seasons, and are more Zebras now than Saints anyway. Holmes is much the same. All this talk about letting the Zebra-listed players play is a bit much, I think - Sandy want to win. Pick the best team available. Honestly, all of those names will make the side this week look stronger, surely.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
From that list, you'd have to think TDL and Dunnell are certs - they've had great VFL seasons, and are more Zebras now than Saints anyway. Holmes is much the same. All this talk about letting the Zebra-listed players play is a bit much, I think - Sandy want to win. Pick the best team available. Honestly, all of those names will make the side this week look stronger, surely.

On paper we might look stronger, but the Zebras turnaround since our 129 point humiliation at hands of Geelong 6 games ago has been when more Zeb listed guys have played then Saints. Don't want to go messing with winning formula too much, making wholesale changes to bring in all Saints could really unsettle the team.

I'd bring in White, Ross & Shenton from who played for Saints this week and maybe Robbo. But not sure you'd want make anymore changes then that.

See, I'd think Murdoch would be a shoe in, thunda. I remember Hudson praising him emphatically, as if he basically won the game by himself, a few weeks ago.

May 31, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
How do you guys actually rate Sandy's chances?

We lost to Port by 29 points I think about 5 or 6 weeks ago at TBBO. This is a tough ask against a seasoned finals outfit at their home ground, but maybe a few astute inclusions (not all eligible Saints players, would be unfair to Sandy players) could make a difference.

Massive!!

If those two have their suspensions upheld then that would definitely give Sandy a better chance.

At this stage, I would still expect Port to win but you never know.

Big Mart

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
What's going on with Milera?

He is contracted still? He would be a major factor in the finals....

A fwd line with Milera, Dunnell, TDL, Ong, White, Kreymborg and Pierce
Very dangerous

Whilst
Simpkin, Wright, Roberton, Shakalis, Le Grice and Shenton

Mids
Holmes, Ross, Cooke, Cockie, Minchington, Munro, Saunders

Seems a good VFL side to me?

Add murdoch to the mid and they look very potent
Particularly against Port. One of the big things about Port is that they're, well, big. They have a strong focus on getting big-bodied older players that can intimidate teams with primarily younger players, especially AFL affiliates. Bull counteracts that a bit. Chuck Cockie in there as well, that might help against the physical intimidation factor with the Boroughs.

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Bugger :(

But better news for us :)

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Roberton, Shenton, Ross, White & Wright come into the side!

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
B: Munro, Simpkin, Shenton
HB: Shakallis, Le Grice, Roberton
C: Banfield, Ross, Cook
HF: Saunders, Dunell, Ong
F: Pierce, White,Dennis-Lane
R: Holmes, Cockie, Minchington
Int From: McTaggart, Plostins, Zijai, Flanagan, Verma, Kreymborg, Weickhardt, Wright, Noone

Back