Toast VFL Flag!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic stuff by the club. I'm a really happy man. The kids were great! Jones really stood up. I cut off all communication lines so I could iview it without knowing the result and I swear when they went 18 up in the final quarter I thought it was all over. I really hope the boys use it to kick on from here. Everyone at the club would love that success, and I am sure they are going to want to continue it at Footscray and aim for it in the AFL.

Also, I just want to say that I thought much maligned Austin played a great game. I was really impressed by him. Redpath as well stood up in my eyes.

Peter Gordon on 774 right now. Big night after the win by the sounds of it! I wish I'd known where the boys kicked on. Sounds like a good night (PG said his last lucid memory was losing a game of music trivia to Bonti's mum!!).

I've pulled up pretty good considering the celebrations at Pier ? hotel afterwards - and a good night was had by all.

Bring on the BIG one :)

That 5 min burst in the last 1/4 where we got 3 goals to tie the game. Just WOW. Now i see the problem with Jones. When his having a bad game we sub him off at 3/4 time or half way through the 3rd. Guy just shows his a last quarter specailist. Redpath battle hard all day also. Hope we get to see the 2 of them in the big time.

Jong was my Bog and i love Tutts run.

Jong, Tutt, Jones, Redpath, Talia need to be in the ones every week next year.

JACK HATE PIGTAILS!!!!!

775433-0bdb1018-4174-11e4-9fcd-2dc30e9f71be.jpg

Pearce's contested mark and goal against the run of play to stop Box Hill running away with it was a key moment also I believe, kept us in check and sort of turned the tide of the match. Also he'd be the last player on the team you'd expect to take a contested mark and slot that.

anyone know where i can watch the hilights of the match online

Peter Gordon on 774 right now. Big night after the win by the sounds of it! I wish I'd known where the boys kicked on. Sounds like a good night (PG said his last lucid memory was losing a game of music trivia to Bonti's mum!!).

I've pulled up pretty good considering the celebrations at Pier ? hotel afterwards - and a good night was had by all.

Bring on the BIG one :)
They were at the wharf hotel last night, all getting on the drink

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see why they've played Talia and Roberts together this year. It was a shame to see Fletch out with a shoulder, but if my suspicions are correct that duo will be the next WB FB/CHB pair.
Agree Mike, I had a similar opinion.
It was all about development this year.
I think that Austin was elevated oddly enough because hes not in the long term planning, but it allowed Fletch & Talia to play together in the VFL

It was great to see all the support & the players responded to the support.
When we were 3 goals down early in the last quarter, I was seriously thinking that we were gone.
Strangely enough it was our forward line that was strong in the VFL, complete polar opposite to the AFL side.
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that Jordan Russell would be a better choice to be a distributor off HB rather than Fuller?
From what Ive seen on the TV, Russell has played pretty well.
He wouldnt cost much, hes already at the club & he has 3-4 years left easily.

Also, I just want to say that I thought much maligned Austin played a great game. I was really impressed by him.

Agree, he was a hell of a lot more composed with the footy than he was the week before.
I think he does deserve some recognition for turning his form around.

His lack of speed didn't seem to be exposed yesterday either.

What a great day it was. I actually haven't enjoyed or had that much fun at the footy in a while. There was an obvious difference in the standard, but some passages of play where they moved the ball real quickly were fantastic. And just to be amongst so many fans embracing and enjoying the day was great. Hats off to the club and for the supporters buying in and making it a success. Hopefully its a sign of things to come. Go dogs.

Some observations from yesterday.

JJ > tutt (no brainer)
Grant > Dickson (grant was busy and dangerous. Big improvement from last week).
Campbell > cordy (campbell was excellent
Campbell > Lowden
Redpath > grimley
Talia > Austin
Jong > everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back