2nds VFL - Geelong Cats vs North Ballarat 12.10pm, Saturday 13th June Simonds Stadium

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
I have no idea who we pick really... its why I said it may be time to just pick someone like Kolo

No1 wants to see Kolo debut more than me, this game (Melb) would seem a very good time for him but who gives way/moves position and who would you play him on..?

For mine Hogan is a no, Pedersen, maybe, he looks a fair player. Could b a good hitout for Kolo, prob is our defence is killing it.

Ruck and mid is where we may need bolstering *shrugs*

Please elaborate :)

I think the fact Campbell Brown kept talking about Paliouras' pecs says it all.

Well, Kelly's out.
After that, we need to know whether Clark and/or Stanley are OK.

They said on 7 News tonight Stanley could be out for up to a month and they think Clark won't be playing next week either.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
No1 wants to see Kolo debut more than me, this game (Melb) would seem a very good time for him but who gives way/moves position and who would you play him on..?

For mine Hogan is a no, Pedersen, maybe, he looks a fair player. Could b a good hitout for Kolo, prob is our defence is killing it.

Ruck and mid is where we may need bolstering *shrugs*

Ruck is something we can do zip about. Clark comes back and he could only play small minutes.

The mid thing will be blended coverage type thing...probably depending on who they bring in. Blease for example. But kelly was basically playing as defender.. so we could put Kolo in we want to. Forget his height he could play a medium defender role , just do not put him on any whippets

:straining::straining::straining:

If Clark is a bit fragile, there's no point playing him against Melb, is there?

Exactly, especially since we've got the bye coming up the week after. Gives Mitch an extra week to get absolutely cherry ripe.

In regards to Campbell Brown, he was so mesmerised by Paliouras' pecs, he actually was asking Menzel questions about him. Was cringeworthy.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Exactly, especially since we've got the bye coming up the week after. Gives Mitch an extra week to get absolutely cherry ripe.

In regards to Campbell Brown, he was so mesmerised by Paliouras' pecs, he actually was asking Menzel questions about him. Was cringeworthy.
haha. He must be so jealous :D

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
What's happening with Cockatoo?
Anyone heard the Stanley diagnosis?

NC5 played today... but he is not showing the form he had at the start of the year. He has to learn a bit about VFL footy ... you can burst for an 50 +60 metre goal everytime.. , sometimes just 10 metres and a handball is good enough. He will be fine , I doub he was ever considered a player that would be giving us much before 2017. Anything before that is a bonus.

Stanley 4 weeks ? Not sure they really know yet.

what have you heard, Vdubs? Cockatoo played today, didn't he? And someone mentioned above that Stanley might be gone for 4 weeks....
Heard nothing, that's why I posed the Q.
But sounds nqr yet, as could be expected. We are pretty lucky Gregson is so ready already.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
NC5 played today... but he is not showing the form he had at the start of the year. He has to learn a bit about VFL footy ... you can burst for an 50 +60 metre goal everytime.. , sometimes just 10 metres and a handball is good enough. He will be fine , I doub he was ever considered a player that would be giving us much before 2017. Anything before that is a bonus.

Stanley 4 weeks ? Not sure they really know yet.
I was just searching- no formal news released that I could find.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
In order of deserved appearance at AFL next week.

Kolo - in reasonable form (but where does he play?)
Jansen - "just" form but we need to have a look at him and this is a good game for it.
Blease - ditto form but would keep team balance.
Cockatoo - if you just want another game on his sheet.

Gore (from what I have seen) would be a walk up if he was in one piece! Its a fickle game.

In order of deserved appearance at AFL next week.

Kolo - in reasonable form (but where does he play?)
Jansen - "just" form but we need to have a look at him and this is a good game for it.
Blease - ditto form but would keep team balance.
Cockatoo - if you just want another game on his sheet.

Gore (from what I have seen) would be a walk up if he was in one piece! Its a fickle game.
Blease may find some extra form v his old team?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Blease may find some extra form v his old team?

Blease certainly put in more in and under effort and 4 quarter grunt work today than Jansen or Cockatoo. He was a bit unlucky twice in that he left everybody from both teams so far behind that when he got to CHF all there was ahead of him were 2 opposition players, so he just had to boot it wide into space.
Luxford didn't do much either, but he looked smoother and classier than the other 3 put together.

Back