2nds VFL - Geelong Cats vs North Ballarat 12.10pm, Saturday 13th June Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, and I don't think we can underestimate the bolded either. That part of CE's post stood out for me (i.e. put me at ease) just as much as considering the full scope of his fitness deficiencies. More so in fact.

It's just a culmination of factors, which if taken into account properly ought to allay any serious concerns. I'm adjusting my expectations to him just playing out the year in the VFL without getting injured, and having a good pre-season leading into next year.

One thing that I will add however, is that I find it curious that an 18 year old player with such a chronic lack of fitness and conditioning is deemed fit to play 5 out of 6 games in the seniors.

I am more sure it's his lack of game craft than fitness. Has a lot to learn yet. BUT he has all the other tools in spades. His kicking when he does get clear is very penetrating - just as one example.

Jackson "Rooke" shezza…
Got Rabs, myself and Willo all boisterous that did…. :D

Great tackle that.

Really liked Dane" Swanny" MCFarlane in that game and the following week too. Bloke is a jet - lots like Blease - not as big but fast and his disposal at pace and in general has gotten better from last year too. Would not be surprised if someone, hopefully us, took a flyer on him as a rookie.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back