VFL Grand Final - Footscray vs Box Hill Hawks @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought both coaches spoke well and Bello, as a losing coach, ( and whose team had been compromised) was particularly gracious.

What, as soon as somebody says something about a Hawks player that you disagree or don't like they are trolling?....lol
You'll see he has a history of it. Plus calling the end on a guy who has played 130 odd games and is only 25 is just plain stupid.

Grant and Cordy not up to AFL standard.

Jones is worth persisting with.

Cordy... I'm not sure whether he'll improve any further, but Grant prior to his las foot injury was incredibly dynamic and probably or best forward. Super hard to match up on, just needs a consistent run at it. He is what we need... just whether the MC can continue with his up and down form.

In the end, Box Hill didnt deserve to win. U cant play with 21 men. Well done dogs.

Would have been s**t for Cyril, sitting ion the bench while watching your fellow players tire. Think the Hawks hierarchy owe the players a big fat apology. but i guess that is the cut for being able to play AFL listed players in the finals(when they dont qualify). Worked out well for them for allowing Mcenvoy to play last week.not so much this week.

Sadly for Box Hill, that's the life of an aligned football club. Just shows who controls Box Hill. So glad we (Willy) are now not aligned and so glad we (Dogs) have full control of our own side. Sad for Box Hill, time to tell the Hawks to bugger off, stand strong, get your own jumper, nickname and song back.

I note the Cyril comments.

He had 10 possessions. In 2 and a half quarters.

Even allowing for fitness issues..on form, you could not pick him next week. Had it been a BOG performance..then yes. There is nothing wrong with "earning" your spot. Reputation, ability and class are only ever parts of the picture.

The bloke I feel for is Lowden. Had to take on Campbell and Cordy with no help. Once he tired in the last, Footscray got the ball out of the middle so easy. So for both McEvoy's not to play is stupid in reality.

Sadly for Box Hill, that's the life of an aligned football club. Just shows who controls Box Hill. So glad we (Willy) are now not aligned and so glad we (Dogs) have full control of our own side. Sad for Box Hill, time to tell the Hawks to bugger off, stand strong, get your own jumper, nickname and song back.
That was tough to watch. And they had a camera right in front of Rioli for most of the last quarter

Even allowing for fitness issues..on form, you could not pick him next week. Had it been a BOG performance..then yes. There is nothing wrong with "earning" your spot. Reputation, ability and class are only ever parts of the picture.

The bloke I feel for is Lowden. Had to take on Campbell and Cordy with no help. Once he tired in the last, Footscray got the ball out of the middle so easy. So for both McEvoy's not to play is stupid in reality.

The only qualification for Rioli is that he's fit. You wouldn't keep Goddard or Chapman out of a GF just because they weren't BOG in the VFL.

The bulldogs were walking it out of the square in the last quarter.

Feel sorry for Bello.

Hands tied- has Cyril on bench in tight game- but unable to use him.

Poor bugger- but obvioulsy understands his role.

Will put on united front- but seriously- how pissed off would you be if you were him.

Great game- and well done Dogs.

Like the look of Sisily.(sp??)

It just belittles the VFL competition, the Boxhill club & the crowd that turned up. Its also an insult to Footscray.

The only qualification for Rioli is that he's fit. You wouldn't keep Goddard or Chapman out of a GF just because they weren't BOG in the VFL.
Surely you would if they wouldnt even attempt a kick over 40m just to make sure the hammy was alright. That handball to a player under pressure instead of taking his set shot seemed selfish from an outsider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the way Lin Jong plays. He was great today in my opinion
Yeah he was huge, even better last week too. Been a bit on the fence with him but I'm converted now, his finish to the year has been unreal. Has some fantastic attributes that could make him a ripping footballer and his rate of improvement has been huge, started playing footy at 16, 3rd year on the rookie list but last year was written off with a broken leg so definitely one to watch for a breakout year next year.

Yeah he was huge, even better last week too. Been a bit on the fence with him but I'm converted now, his finish to the year has been unreal. Has some fantastic attributes that could make him a ripping footballer and his rate of improvement has been huge, started playing footy at 16, 3rd year on the rookie list but last year was written off with a broken leg so definitely one to watch for a breakout year next year.
I think I heard them saying that he has been elevated off the rookie list during todays game? Will have to work a hard to get a game, seems like there is a lot of good doggies players in his position.

What a great day for the club.

Big crowd, exciting game (margin doesn't reflect the contest), and just a fantastic result for Footscray - the club really needed some excitement after a bitterly disappointing conclusion to our AFL season.

Good for Brett 'Norm' Goodes to get some personal recognition, too. He's poured an enormous amount of time and effort into our club, as a welfare officer and AFL/VFL player.

If Adam manages to win his third flag on Saturday, it'll be a family trifecta - Brett (VFL), Adam (AFL), and Jake (won a GF with Stawell, apparently).

I think I heard them saying that he has been elevated off the rookie list during todays game? Will have to work a hard to get a game, seems like there is a lot of good doggies players in his position.

In 2 years he has progressed so far. Was a skinny kid 2 years ago, no much stronger quicker and looking forward to next year for him. Has really surprised me, and a full year in a bulldog controlled side has really benefited him.

Out of curiosity. Did someone else bid on Cordy in the 2008 draft?

Out of curiosity. Did someone else bid on Cordy in the 2008 draft?
St Kilda - they had the pick before ours.

For the record, Eade and co. were quite happy to spend 14 on Cordy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back