Certified Legendary Thread VFL Grand Final - Geelong Cats v Box Hill Hawks, 22 September 2013, 2.15pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to feel for Daniel Pratt, Tim Gordon & Mitch O'Donnell. Pratt struggled to look happy for the lads, Gordon was bawling. Did O'Donnell miss with injury? He was great in our last game.

Thought it was a nice gesture for DC to give Pratt his medal. Don't think Pratt wanted it though. He looked pretty numb.

Called it. He was epic today. Without knowing the tally, would have been top 3 for BOG.

Was standing next to a VFL official and i think Simpkin's girlfriend. Non-discreet VFL official said that Simpkin won it by 1 vote from Spangher. Can't take it as gospel of course, but I wasn't surprised.

Great stuff BHH!

hand off what??....i'm not criticising you if you think that, you've misinterpreted my message if you think that
Don't be too concerned mate. He"s highly critical of other posters. However, to his credit he posted a positive response to an earlier post in this very thread which surprised me. That, was of course until I realized it was his own post! Then I laughed.

Congrats to tne BHH. I have been away today, forgot to record the game. I was so happy to see tbey won, beat tbe Rats.woweee, fantastic. Geelong was'picked to flog us, so I was rapt when I saw the result tonight. I am so peeved I didn't tape it. Does anyone know whether it will be repeated again? I would dearly love to see it.Well done Boys so proud of you all.:D:thumbsu:

Congrats to tne BHH. I have been away today, forgot to record the game. I was so happy to see tbey won, beat tbe Rats.woweee, fantastic. Geelong was'picked to flog us, so I was rapt when I saw the result tonight. I am so peeved I didn't tape it. Does anyone know whether it will be repeated again? I would dearly love to see it.Well done Boys so proud of you all.:D:thumbsu:
http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/42948

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Just got home after a tough day & find out BH has won.

I look forward to seeing the replay. Thanks to all who posted on here.

I'm glad Sleutheren gave us the benefit of his massively impressive wisdom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is repeated at 2am on Wednesday morning so set your recorder for then :thumbsu: The other option is to watch it on iView when it comes up on there :)

For a few reasons this is the first season I've been able to follow Box Hill in the sense of being able to get to some matches etc. - and now they have won the Premiership!!!! :eek: It doesn't get much better than that:thumbsu::thumbsu: Don't usually venture much past Box Hill City Oval but went to Etihad today and needless to say had a great afternoon :D Thought Spangher and our other defenders where amazing and another one I thought that put in a great effort was Ossie :) I said at the beginning of this thread can we dare to dream of beating Geelong twice in one week - yes we can!!!!! Well done Box Hill, a very well deserved win!!!

Utter RUBBISH
Wanganeen looks good off half back, but his size is a concern for AFL, not sure he's solid enough
Does provide plenty of run and carry, his tackling is good, but will be touch and go to see if he stays as he needs to be upgraded next year
Lowden, well I'm of the opinion he won't be on the list next year
Does a few good things, then seems to stand still and just spectate while players run past him
His first up efforts seem ok, but if he has to go again, his second efforts are non existent
Kicking is poor, and to me seems too timid for his size
I'd be shocked if he's there next year, especially if the Longer rumors are true!

It is repeated at 2am on Wednesday morning so set your recorder for then :thumbsu: The other option is to watch it on iView when it comes up on there :)

For a few reasons this is the first season I've been able to follow Box Hill in the sense of being able to get to some matches etc. - and now they have won the Premiership!!!! :eek: It doesn't get much better than that:thumbsu::thumbsu: Don't usually venture much past Box Hill City Oval but went to Etihad today and needless to say had a great afternoon :D Thought Spangher and our other defenders where amazing and another one I thought that put in a great effort was Ossie :) I said at the beginning of this thread can we dare to dream of beating Geelong twice in one week - yes we can!!!!! Well done Box Hill, a very well deserved win!!!
Your the lucky charm Bumps
Now get your arse to the G on Saturday please! :)

we shouldn't be arrogant...only hungry and driven for success at all times....if we win stay humble, arrogance is healthy only in small doses
You can enjoy and celebrate a win without being arrogant about it.

Arrogance is what fuels this entire forum. Dickheads everywhere.
You should know what actual arrogance is before you label the post arrogant.

For 50 years we have a 100% winning record in elimination games against Geelong. That is winning when it matters most.

Bloody hell there are some crybaby fairies on this board.

Can't celebrate, can't be honest if it sounds negative, can only give hugs and kisses as punishment. Have a glass a cement please and go and join AussieFootyForum.

Was able to sneak in for the first half, great stuff BH! Nice brutal efforts there, loved wanga's hit on Taylor Hunt....

Nice and tough win...just a lazy flag as the reward! Huge kudos

Attendance 15,100

That attendance is incorrect. I took my son for his first game and he didn't have a ticket to scan. As the attendance is calculated off the number of tickets scanned at the gates, it's inaccurate. I'm sure my son wasn't the only one in that situation.

Thought it was a nice gesture for DC to give Pratt his medal. Don't think Pratt wanted it though. He looked pretty numb.

Terrific gesture by both DC and David Mirra for their recognition of the influence Daniel Pratt's leadership had on the group. Must have been a massive disappointment for him that he couldn't make it out there today, but that's footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back