2nds VFL Round 1 - Bendigo Gold v Geelong, Queen Elizabeth Oval, 7:00PM Friday 4 April

Remove this Banner Ad

*shakes hand with Partridge*
Well that's a friendly conclusion to this discussion, Partridge. :)
Nice to have chatted!

Yeah- agree with you about people assuming they're mind-readers. Sometimes, though, it's just clumsy wording and I must admit I'm like that with my kids. Saying something as if it's a fact instead of saying "I think..." It makes my daughter a bit mad- then she tells me I'm opinionated :(

No problem at all. :thumbsu:

Now we can hope we get 4 points tomorrow night! You'd think with their injuries they can hopefully get the job done with minimal fuss.

Now we can hope we get 4 points tomorrow night! You'd think with their injuries they can hopefully get the job done with minimal fuss.

I've been following the Cats for my whole life. And one thing (amongst many) I've noticed is that we don't tend to do 'minimal fuss'.

A fuss tends to eventuate one way or the other. Even when we would much prefer it didn't.

Last year's games against the Lions are a good example of games in which supporters less seasoned than us Catters might have expected 'minimal fuss'.

I knew better then, and I know better now.

Like one sage footy philosopher noted on here earlier in the week, this is most definitely the type of game the other team usually wins.:eek:;)

That's OK, the sage footy philosopher bit got you a few brownie Josh Walker points.;)
Is this another Brown thread?

This sage footy philosopher said "often", not "usually".
Phew!! So glad that got downgraded to "often" but I'd prefer "sometimes" or even perhaps "occasionally".

Like one sage footy philosopher noted on here earlier in the week, this is most definitely the type of game the other team usually wins.:eek:;)
Obviously David King pops his head in here occasionally and reads the words of this sage philosopher :) How else would he know to pick the Eagles?

1. Is this another Brown thread?

2. Phew!! So glad that got downgraded to "often" but I'd prefer "sometimes" or even perhaps "occasionally".

3. Obviously David King pops his head in here occasionally and reads the words of this sage philosopher :) How else would he know to pick the Eagles?

1. It's the Geelong Board, so yes.

2. Done.

3. Now you're just being insulting. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back