Review VFL round 1 (week 2), 2014 - Box Hill Hawks v Werribee Tigers, Saturday, 5 April 2014, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks return to Box Hill City Oval for the first time this season as premiers, as they host the Werribee Tigers on a Saturday afternoon.

bhh-vs-werribee.gif

The Hawks will be fresh off a hard-fought win over the Seagulls in what will count as round 15 in the record books.

As always, the boys from 3WBC 94.1FM will be there to provide live coverage from 1pm. You can also stream the coverage on www.3wbc.org.au.

The development side kicks off proceedings with a game starting at 11am on 5 April 2014 at BHCO.

Teams to follow...

Great to think Sewell, Shoey and Stratts may be lining up for the Stangers this week, cant wait.

Most important is the unfurling of the Seniors 2013 VFL Premiership flag.

Team:

FB: 46 K. Heatherley 74 B. Stratton 75 R. Schoenmakers
HB: 42 K. Brand 34 J. Kelly 36 D. Wanganeen
CE: 40 W. Hartung
7 S. Iles 66 B. Ross
HF: 41 J. Sicily 39 A. Woodward 45 Z. Webster
FF: 35 S. Grimley 68 J. Ceglar 73 T. O'Brien
FO: 70 L. Lowden 38 M. Hallahan 82 B. Sewell
IN:
51 A. Bond 16 S. Collins 15 T. Gordon
17 A. Kennedy 20 P. Lawlor

Sam "Homeless Man" Iles is the odd one out.
Pretty strong Box Hill Hawks team.

Shoey has also been named at full back in the development side. My guess is he will play limited game time in the curtain raiser which actually starts at 10:45am [NOT 11:00am] due to the unveiling of the 2013 premiership flag before the senior game.

Shoey has also been named at full back in the development side. My guess is he will play limited game time in the curtain raiser which actually starts at 10:45am [NOT 11:00am] due to the unveiling of the 2013 premiership flag before the senior game.

NOOOOOO!!!!!! I have been hanging out to see Schoey playing again and there is no way I can make it there in time to see the Development match :( :( :( Oh well, hopefully next week.... :)

I am of course a Hawthorn member but I have no idea what I have done with my Box Hill cutout membership. Really keen to get down there. Will my Hawthorn membership card be enough?

I am of course a Hawthorn member but I have no idea what I have done with my Box Hill cutout membership. Really keen to get down there. Will my Hawthorn membership card be enough?
Yes. I think you will be ok with your hawks membership.
If you present it to the people at the tables in front of the gates, they can check your membership number and present you with your card.
I did this one year and was suprised when they gave me the entire family's cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be going down to BHCO to see how the boys go. I'll try and keep some mental notes about how they go individually and report back on here. Let's hope it's as good as last night. Where is the best place to park?

No parking as such (as far as I am aware), I park in the surrounding streets, expect a bit of a walk (about 5 mins).

I am heading down soon too - GO HAWKS!!!

Heading down around 1 this arvo.
Yup parking on one of the many side streets is the way to go for sure. Nice enough day outside for a bit of a stroll to the ground from the car anyhow :D

Two flag unfurlings in the space of 24 hours. Life doesn't get much better :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back