VFL VFL Round 2: Sandringham vs Box Hill

This game demands it's own thread, for a whole host of reasons.

In particular, there are SIX Saints players who will probably come into the Zebras' senior team this week: Steven, Schneider and Fisher will either be playing VFL, or whoever they replace in the AFL team will. Add to that, Longer and Dunell will probably come back in. Finally, there is no way that Acres will play Dev Squad again.

So who are the six that played in the Zeb seniors this week that'll be down in the Devo-squad this week?

Holmes seems an easy option for Longer.

Bruce or Simpkin will probably go up for Gilbert, who obviously won't be playing anywhere at all. So that's another spot in the VFL that'll be free. That's probably Fisher's spot.

After that... yikes. I have no idea.

Also, this game is on the radio:
On radio: 3WBC football returns to cover their 7th Season of VFL games. Broadcasts begin 1 hour
prior to the start of the game (1pm) and has a match preview with interviews of both coaches.
You can listen live on 94.1FM or online at www.3wbc.org.au Fans can also listen via the "Tune In App" on their smart phone.
You can also follow the game via our facebook (http://www.facebook.com/SandyZebras) & twitter
pages (@sandyzebs) also follow TrueZebras our official forum page for live updates and opinion
pieces.

Oh, Devo-squad is at 11am, and seniors at 2pm. All on this Sunday.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Reckon that the following changes re. Saints players will occur.

- Longer (vfl) for Holmes (dev) unless Hickey is rested for Saints.
- Steven (vfl) for Simpkin (saints) for Gilbert (inj)
- Dunnell (vfl) for TDL (emerg for saints game)
- Acres (vfl) for Siposs (dev) to get more active close to goal and kick a bag
- Schneider (dev) as i dont think we can justify having 2 players on restricted game time would not be taken well by Sandy plus wear out the rest.
- White to stay in dev. as didnt seem like he did enought from others reports.
- Fisher (inj) leave him for a week to ensure its right as is still listed as 1 week i think.

Thats my take but am sure lots could happen. 15 man rule is not great for Saints but if it wasnt for that rule Sandy would only get 2 players playing (inc. 23rd man rule) if Saints had no injuries.
Would be a bit of a debarcle to have Cook or Cockie running around in the dev league.

zebraman

Senior List
Oct 7, 2006
Mornington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sandringham...Arsenal
Spencer White got a one match suspension so he misses this week. This issue will come to a head when St Kilda play on a Friday night / Saturday and Sandy play the day after. With the 15-8 agreement, there will possibly be quite a few St Kilda players playing in the Development squad..depending on the amount of injuries St Kilda have it may not be an issue. If St Kilda have injury free weeks then Sandy will have a very strong development squad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
New clash strip! Much better then that horrible blue one they've been wearing!!

beta6e9u.jpg

New clash strip! Much better then that horrible blue one they've been wearing!!

beta6e9u.jpg
Oh HELL yes. God damn I want me one of those!

Hook a brother up thunda :D

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Box Hill Hawks

B Brand Litherland Heatherley
HB Mirra Stratton Wanganeen
C Hartung Iles Kelly
HF Webster Sicily Lawlor
F Grimley Schoenmakers O'Brien
R Lowden Hallahan Ross
Int Andrews Kennedy Tobin Lock Bond* Murphy Lake O'Donnell Cust

Sandringham

B Roberton Simpkin Flanagan
HB Munro Shenton Shakallis
C Milera Murdoch Markworth
HF Minchington Dunell Cook
F Dennis-Lane Le Grice* Siposs
R Longer Cockie Ross
Int Bennett Ong Zijai Acres Lee Schneider Curren Steven Saunders Billings Weller Maister Bruce

How confident are you that you can take it up against the reigning premiers on Sunday?
Brendan Allen: In the past two seasons we’ve had some very good battles against them. We only met them the once last year and pushed them all the way, so we know our game style and game plan stacks up well against them.

FULL MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAMS HERE - http://www.truezebras.com/round-2-box-hill-vs-sandringham-match-details-and-preview/

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Do the sandy matches get posted anywhere on the bigfooty board? I'll be at the saints match like many of you and won't be able to catch this weeks game

Best way to keep updated is follow @TrueZebras on twitter mate. We do live updates all day. I try to update during game as much as possible on here but usually just qtr by qtr scores & stats.

Best way to keep updated is follow @TrueZebras on twitter mate. We do live updates all day. I try to update during game as much as possible on here but usually just qtr by qtr scores & stats.
Did we get the final teams named at any stage or does that come today?

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Did we get the final teams named at any stage or does that come today?

Come out today mate, will post as soon as i get my hands on them.

Did schneider play dev league in the end?
Playing now in the seniors mate.

@TrueZebras: Arryn Siposs marks on the lead from a Adam Schneider clearance and bangs home the Zebras 5th goal for the qtr. Zebs 5.4 to 1.3 #pjvfl

Back