VFL VFL Round 3: Sandringham vs North Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Round 3: North Ballarat vs Sandringham Match Details

Where: Eureka Stadium

When: Saturday April 19

Seniors: 2pm

Development Squad: 9.20am against Williamstown at Burbank Oval

Admission: Adults $10, Concession $5, Sandringham Members $5, Children under 16 Free.

Media Coverage and Updates: Match updates via @TrueZebras on Twitter.

Sandringham
B: Fisher, Simpkin, Roberton
HB: Banfield, Shenton, Shakallis
C: Flanagan, Murdoch, Munro
HF: Acres, Dunell, Dennis-Lane
F: Milera, Lee, Siposs
R: Longer, Weller, Cockie
INT: Holmes, Markworth, Minchington, Savage, Bennett, Le Grice*, Ong, Zijai, Graham

Development Squad
B: Beech, McKay, Kreymborg
HB: Davis, Plostins, Spencer
C: Eimutus, Weickhardt, Ritchie
HF: Barnhoorn, Baker-Thomas, Dawes
F: Neiwand, White, Gottliebson
R: Kelso, Verma, Maitland
INT: Graham, Markworth, Minchington, Holmes, Waterman, Daidone, Blenkinsop, Bennett, C.Coates

Read preview here - http://www.truezebras.com/round-3-north-ballarat-vs-sandringham-match-details-and-preview/

Last edited:

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Teams and preview updated!

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it just me or is there more structure this year re where our listed players line up? Not withstanding Dunnell, the front 6 look position perfect.

Is it just me or is there more structure this year re where our listed players line up? Not withstanding Dunnell, the front 6 look position perfect.
That selection of Dunell there actually speaks volumes to Spencaa. It's one thing for him to be overlooked for an alternative tall forward. It's quite another to be overlooked for no second tall forward at all. It almost says he's not better than nothing.

The boy will make it no doubt. But he was silly a few weeks ago, right at a time he couldn't afford to be. Hopefully this just tells him to try harder, and be smarter.

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys
Lesson or otherwise, it's disturbing for our long-term hopes that he's (White) playing in the VFL 2s...

Wishing, hoping or promoting without form, won't make him the player we need him to be. He needs to earn his spot and we need to accept that he may never make it.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Wishing, hoping or promoting without form, won't make him the player we need him to be. He needs to earn his spot and we need to accept that he may never make it.
Maybe we all just need to stop pumping up his tyres so much & let him play a string of games injury free & see how his confidence grows. Having said that, playing in the magoos of the magoos is hardly ideal considering our key forward predicament at StKilda.

Call me a prick & a cynic, but I've already accepted the fact he may never make it... Now I'm just hoping like hell that he'll prove me very wrong!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Maybe we all just need to stop pumping up his tyres so much & let him play a string of games injury free & see how his confidence grows. Having said that, playing in the magoos of the magoos is hardly ideal considering our key forward predicament at StKilda.

Call me a prick & a cynic, but I've already accepted the fact he may never make it... Now I'm just hoping like hell that he'll prove me very wrong!!!!!!
19, surgery, lack of pre-season - jeez give the kid a break. I don't expect much this year. The only thing I hope for is that his wrist is shown to be 100%.

Next year you can start making some judgements

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
19, surgery, lack of pre-season - jeez give the kid a break. I don't expect much this year. The only thing I hope for is that his wrist is shown to be 100%.

Next year you can start making some judgements
Think you should re-read what I wrote. I never criticised him, I was alluding to the fact that he is struggling to get a kick & a goal in the Dev Squad. So while everyone is expecting him to be the next Buddy Franklin :rolleyes: & speaking of his extreme talent, I'm playing the more reserved card & not getting my hopes up to be disappointed if he doesn't make it.

I know he is only 19 & 1/2 yrs old. Surely all our talk that he is the great White :cool: hope of our forward line for the next 10 years just puts more pressure on that he doesn't need.

We all got excited about the great running goal he kicked last year, and yes it was a fantastic goal, but what was lost was how good the kick from Webster that actually got the ball to Spencer in the first place. IMO Webster's play was more impressive than Spencer's finish

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Rors

My apologies I thought you were giving him up because he's playing in the development squad.

"Surely all our talk that he is the great White :cool: hope of our forward line for the next 10 years just puts more pressure on that he doesn't need."

That's the real problem. Says a lot about the state of our forward line that people can even remotely have that view based on a couple of highlights. (jeez even my highlights tape could me made to look spectacular and I'm telling you I wasn't!!!)

My view is that development squad, vfl doesn't make much difference his year. A good run of games, a bit of consistency and a few more possessions a game and I'll be more than happy with that. Maybe just maybe doing enough to sneak in an AFL game in about round 20 would be great but even that's a bit much to expect just yet.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our lack of key forwards is a key reason we should be playing kids. Experience and ladder position for this years smorgasbord of key forward options...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back