VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc. - Current Oval Developments

Remove this Banner Ad

The redevelopment of Trevor Barker Oval (Sandringham VFL) has began.

It started about a month ago, and the ground is going to be much bigger than it was. If I get the chance to after exams, I will head down and bang off a few shots.

Claremont Oval (home of the Tigers) Redevelopment is about to get under way. New stand and club facilities. Embankments replaced by apartments and small business.
claremontnew9xi.jpg

427669-claremont-redevelopment.jpg

Claremont3.jpg

Claremont1.jpg

Claremont2.jpg

East Fremantle intend on doing a similar thing for East Freo Oval, if their dickhead council plays silly buggers then the Sharks will probably look at moving back to Fremantle Oval after 60+ years.

That looks fantastic.
Will the apartments be overlooking the oval? If they are, I rekon they would be snapped up fairly quickly.
It wouldnt happen, but if they did something like that at Alberton Oval, Id fork out* to get an apartment overlooking the oval (as long as the Magpies still played there, and was Ports training ground)

* By fork out, I mean beg and plead with the bank to give me money!

I doubt overlooking Claremont Oval would be a massive selling point. The WACA tried something similar and the project got canned because they didn't sell.
Claremont Oval is in a pretty trendy location though. Right next to Claremont station, short walk from all the wanky cafes, hideously expensive shops and other s**t that's in Claremont. Some people love that.

What’s the playing surface like at Claremont ? last time I was there about 18 months ago it was pretty ave…. Having all the buildings surrounding the oval doesn’t help the grass grow and I very much doubt they are putting heat lamps on the sections that don’t see much sun.

$20 Million Investment in the East Fremantle Oval Redevelopment

1631017747749.jpeg

1631017544751.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some more of Claremont Oval. An aerial from August this year, and one from 2008. And some photos from the Claremont vs West Perth final on the weekend.

201f7e4c87a2c7b49c07e0add50e727c.jpg

bbf220521b658b0cf2f56485bbdc1011.jpg

2aa5819891d720a0ca3f801c05f083da.jpg

ecd09f1f6b4b3d58bc6e260534c5179c.jpg

326260299237bb6f2399ffbe96a5f4ba.jpg
I watched some of the game on 7plus and the commentator said there were about 5,000 people there which is a very healthy crowd for state league footy. Would be nice to live in one of those apartments overlooking the field

Night games are potentially coming to Bassendean Oval, depending on the federal election outcome, with lighting upgrades promised by the existing labor member for Perth.

The light towers at North Port Oval will be used for the first time on June 24 according to the VFL fixture that was released today

The South Fremantle Football Club is on the verge of signing one of the richest council sponsorships of any WAFL team — a 20-year deal with a starting annual worth of $350,000.

With 100 years of matches in their back pocket, South Fremantle plans to sign the agreement in the coming weeks which will secure the historic ground for the next 20 years, with the option to extend for a further 20.

The new deal will lay the foundations for the long-planned site redevelopment, including new clubrooms, stands, lighting upgrades and a realignment of the playing field to reconnect the oval to the heritage-listed Victoria Pavilion. The City of Fremantle will be responsible for maintaining the oval and its surrounds.

The council has held the head lease on the ground since the Fremantle Dockers moved to Cockburn in 2017.

The deal will also make the City of Fremantle a Bulldogs sponsor for the first time in exchange for its $50,000 contribution per year, along with parking revenue from the Fremantle Oval car park, valued at around $100,000 per year.

It also commits the city to a wider support package worth more than $350,000 per year.

Fremantle mayor Hannah Fitzhardinge said the agreement provided the pathway for the major oval redevelopment.

“The license agreement is the final piece in the process of the city taking over the management of the oval and ensuring it comes into renewed community use while also maintaining our premier WAFL club.

“We’ve been progressing plans for a major redevelopment of Fremantle Oval to provide better facilities for players, spectators and the local community.”

The South Fremantle Football Club is on the verge of signing one of the richest council sponsorships of any WAFL team — a 20-year deal with a starting annual worth of $350,000.

With 100 years of matches in their back pocket, South Fremantle plans to sign the agreement in the coming weeks which will secure the historic ground for the next 20 years, with the option to extend for a further 20.

The new deal will lay the foundations for the long-planned site redevelopment, including new clubrooms, stands, lighting upgrades and a realignment of the playing field to reconnect the oval to the heritage-listed Victoria Pavilion. The City of Fremantle will be responsible for maintaining the oval and its surrounds.

The council has held the head lease on the ground since the Fremantle Dockers moved to Cockburn in 2017.

The deal will also make the City of Fremantle a Bulldogs sponsor for the first time in exchange for its $50,000 contribution per year, along with parking revenue from the Fremantle Oval car park, valued at around $100,000 per year.

It also commits the city to a wider support package worth more than $350,000 per year.

Fremantle mayor Hannah Fitzhardinge said the agreement provided the pathway for the major oval redevelopment.

“The license agreement is the final piece in the process of the city taking over the management of the oval and ensuring it comes into renewed community use while also maintaining our premier WAFL club.

“We’ve been progressing plans for a major redevelopment of Fremantle Oval to provide better facilities for players, spectators and the local community.”

Its kicked on from the days when it had a bitumen bike track inside the fence - no call for bike racing? ;)

Elizabeth Oval looking greener than I've ever seen it before. Plus new picket fence and new away team/women's change rooms.

The new changerooms are outstanding - and would probably be up there for the best away changerooms in the league now.

I also note the fencing behind the goal's been upgraded as part of the picket fence installation. Would've been nice if that was a full net but at well.

Plus the new scoreboard that went in a couple of years ago (some good fortune there given the original purpose of that screen was for the white elephant carpark on the corner of Philip Highway and Main North Road), and the new merch container making merchandise so much easier to buy on match days.

I believe the lights will be getting upgraded at some point too, and training lights installed on the Playford International College oval across the road to enable the women to train near the club too.

It's been fantastic to see these upgrades at Elizabeth over the past couple of seasons.

Some improvements have been made to the home of West Adelaide.

Richmond Oval (currently Hisense Stadium) has had some concrete terracing removed and replaced by some green in the north-east and south-east pockets. In addition, behind that hill in the north-east, there's a new play area for the kids and even gym equipment and a new toilet block. The fencing that was behind both goal ends are now gone and there was something else going on behind the northern goals. If I were to guess, there may be a small foot-bridge over the spillway and into Martin Drive, possibly adding another entrance into the ground on match days.

Attachments

• 20230304_125046.jpg
    20230304_125046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 20230304_125051.jpg
    20230304_125051.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230304_131108.jpg
    20230304_131108.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230304_131124.jpg
    20230304_131124.jpg