VFL Seniors - Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

So yep, Footscray vs Essendon at NPO on Saturday at 11:40 and Sandringham vs Collingwood at NPO on Sunday at 11:40.

It bemused me why Essendon weren't playing on Saturday instead of Sunday and the one days less break doesn't help. I think Essendon's height will worry Footscray, in defence we have Freezer, Steinberg and Pears and up forward there's McKernan and Hardingham (who plays as an undersized tall).

Sandringham should be able to cover for Collingwood. Not sure about Collingwood's key defence.

So yep, Footscray vs Essendon at NPO on Saturday at 11:40 and Sandringham vs Collingwood at NPO on Sunday at 11:40.

It bemused me why Essendon weren't playing on Saturday instead of Sunday and the one days less break doesn't help. I think Essendon's height will worry Footscray, in defence we have Freezer, Steinberg and Pears and up forward there's McKernan and Hardingham (who plays as an undersized tall).

Sandringham should be able to cover for Collingwood. Not sure about Collingwood's key defence.

Essendon playing on Saturday because Sandy finished higher on the ladder than Footscray and therefore are awarded the extra day's break?

Essendon playing on Saturday because Sandy finished higher on the ladder than Footscray and therefore are awarded the extra day's break?
No, with the elimination finals. I thought it would have made more sense (if they wanted the structure they had) to play Essendon vs Casey on Saturday and Collingwood vs Werribee on Sunday. Gives no team a disadvantage going into this week.

Looking like Willy v Essendon in prelim next week. Essendon over 8 goals up v Footscray at 9 minute mark of 3rd quarter.

Surprised Footscray didn't fire a shot in the finals series. I admit I thought they'd beat Essendon.
Same. The dogs didn't fire a shot. In fact the dons made the dogs look second rate today. Geez young Heppell had a blinder. The dons would have to give themselves a chance next week after such a dominant display!

Same. The dogs didn't fire a shot. In fact the dons made the dogs look second rate today. Geez young Heppell had a blinder. The dons would have to give themselves a chance next week after such a dominant display!
We have Laverde, O'Brien and Fantasia to add as well.

We have Laverde, O'Brien and Fantasia to add as well.
Coburg didn't make it mate. lol It's good having another team to support. Who do you hope wins in Coburg v Essendon games? I have a similar dilemma with Footscray v 'Town games but I always want the 'Town to win. My young kids get confused. I've drummed into them that they barrack for the dogs but then I've also drummed into them that we follow Willy at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coburg didn't make it mate. lol It's good having another team to support. Who do you hope wins in Coburg v Essendon games? I have a similar dilemma with Footscray v 'Town games but I always want the 'Town to win. My young kids get confused. I've drummed into them that they barrack for the dogs but then I've also drummed into them that we follow Willy at VFL level.
Generally I rock up and let my passion decide. Usually the side that isn't favoured by the umps.

So Box Hill vs Sandy on Saturday at North Port and Willy vs Essendon on Sunday. Essendon have Fantasia, O'Brien, Laverde, Marigliani, Willis and Aylett potentially coming back in.

Think Box Hill will smash Sandy. They haven't had nearly the number of St Kilda listed players return as I was hoping, mostly due to late season injuries/fatigue. Those who are in, are mostly in our worst 10 or so players on our list.

Essendon vs Williamstown will be very interesting indeed. If all of those Essendon players you listed are inclusions eth-dog, then Essendon will probably be very hard to beat. Although, you can't write off Willy who seem to stand up in big matches.

Reality says that it'll be a BH vs Willy GF, they've been the two best sides all year. Essendon need to stop the ball out the back for Willy's smaller forwards. Hopefully Steiny gets up. Also forgot Freezer in that group. Although I'd struggle to make the changes.

Think Box Hill will smash Sandy. They haven't had nearly the number of St Kilda listed players return as I was hoping, mostly due to late season injuries/fatigue. Those who are in, are mostly in our worst 10 or so players on our list.

Essendon vs Williamstown will be very interesting indeed. If all of those Essendon players you listed are inclusions eth-dog, then Essendon will probably be very hard to beat. Although, you can't write off Willy who seem to stand up in big matches.

On paper that will look like the case but don't underestimate Sandy.

With the weeks break, Box Hill will start as firm favourites.But hopefully Sandy can surprise the Hawks and sneak a win.

We'll beat Essendon this week. I'm tipping Sandy aswell, their win last week was fantastic.
I hope you are right. It'll be a Box Hill v 'Town GF if H&A form is anything to go by. Essendon looked very good demolishing the dogs last week but we pumped Essendon after half time in round 17. We also beat Box Hill fair & square in the last round of the H&A at Box Hill. Footy' a funny game, anything could happen. I'll be devastated if we don't make the GF but if we do, I expect us to be playing Box Hill. Box Hill by 13 points. Williamstown by 13 points.

I hope you are right. It'll be a Box Hill v 'Town GF if H&A form is anything to go by. Essendon looked very good demolishing the dogs last week but we pumped Essendon after half time in round 17. We also beat Box Hill fair & square in the last round of the H&A at Box Hill. Footy' a funny game, anything could happen. I'll be devastated if we don't make the GF but if we do, I expect us to be playing Box Hill. Box Hill by 13 points. Williamstown by 13 points.
Past rounds are nothing to go by. Essendon can field a strong side with AFL listed players what with Essendon not competing in AFL finals (Of course they have to meet the required amount of VFL games played during the year)

So i'm cautious, but i hope we can get over the line. To loose last year especially because of the mcevoy debate i was devastated

Costly non call just lead to what looks to be the winning Box Hill goal. Apparently you can drag a guy down by the arm in the marking contest without penalty.
Sandy ran out of legs as it turned out. Bloody good game though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back