Vic & NSW live online raceday coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me vision of a live race over a bloody replay every day of the week.

From a punting perspective there are just as many winners in a race at Randwick as there are at a Bunbury harness race. Sky racing is for all racing not just the gallops so no point getting in a bind over them showing a race you dont care about because there are people out there relying on vision of these races

If you're that concerned just dvr the races and do it yourself. It isnt hard

Some of us are RACING FANS not number-crunching spread-crushing gamblor bots.

Can't wait for box-in-box when the Melbourne Cup clashes with the 8th at the Dapto Dogs

Can't wait for box-in-box when the Melbourne Cup clashes with the 8th at the Dapto Dogs

Great post :D :D

If they are late getting 24 horses in: 'Look we are going to move Flemington to Sky2, we've got to go to Dapto'

Give me vision of a live race over a bloody replay every day of the week.

From a punting perspective there are just as many winners in a race at Randwick as there are at a Bunbury harness race. Sky racing is for all racing not just the gallops so no point getting in a bind over them showing a race you dont care about because there are people out there relying on vision of these races
I agree, live vision is of utmost importance. In 2015 though we really should have a dedicated thoroughbred channel, which Racing.com are attempting to provide (for Vic only).

You will be able to downstream all Vic and NSW races on racing.com from the 16th of March. I am guessing its just TVN revisited, although they are saying they are going to do more analysis.
I don't think they're covering NSW. No Honkers either.

Not sure this is gonna work too well.

Have to have the stream going for premium Vic coverage, the TV on Sky World for premium NSW coverage and then flick over to the wall-to-wall for any meeting not on World?? Hmm...

Not sure this is gonna work too well.

Have to have the stream going for premium Vic coverage, the TV on Sky World for premium NSW coverage and then flick over to the wall-to-wall for any meeting not on World?? Hmm...
I have to do that anyway, its really annoying because i dont have Foxtel but have unlimited internet. I have TVN on the smart TV and sky channel on the computer. the big problem is that there is a delay of up to a minute to see a race from live. and then we get sound from sky channel from a race that is blacked out on the internet that doesn't align with the vision. If i go to a pub or a tab races are unwatchable. My favorite is we are watching a race from Flemington where they cross to a new zealand race for the last 50 meters, call the winner but dont call the placegetters then cross back to Flemington where we have missed 600 meters of coverage, then at the end of the Flemington Race they cross to Queenbeyan so we miss the run thru after the 3rd placegetter is called (and knowing our callers is usually wrong)
What they do is totally pointless, really really grating and incompetent.

Couple of things, some people are also harness or greyhound fans and they deserve coverage too and secondly Sky is owned by tabcorp, its there job to focus on the punter and offer a service for them no matter what they bet on.

Dont be so obtuse, when has a trot or dog race ever taken preference over a metro gallops race. The race with the least money in the win pool gets shifted to sky 2 even if the gallops are the ones running behind schedule, which is generally the case

If you want full coverage of the big Melbourne and Sydney races then watch ch7

Loved the way TVN analysed races and provided deeper coverage. I bet all 3 codes but not a fan of cutting to to Coonamble maiden as they cross the finish line in the Cox Plate. The obvious answer is cover less meetings but the almighty dollar will not allow.

Maybe a bit more space on SR1 and absolute back to back on SR2

Couple of things, some people are also harness or greyhound fans and they deserve coverage too and secondly Sky is owned by tabcorp, its there job to focus on the punter and offer a service for them no matter what they bet on.

Dont be so obtuse, when has a trot or dog race ever taken preference over a metro gallops race. The race with the least money in the win pool gets shifted to sky 2 even if the gallops are the ones running behind schedule, which is generally the case

If you want full coverage of the big Melbourne and Sydney races then watch ch7

Errr thats why most people are shattered that TVN is closing - because as GALLOPS FANS I couldn't give a rats tossbag about the dogs or trots.

Also lol at suggesting C7 provides FULL COVERAGE of the big races.

I wonder how Sky Racing would do Friday Night Racing, the way that TVN used to do when covering thoroughbred racing from i.e. Moonee Valley and Canterbury? Surely it wouldn't hurt to have the following do Friday Night Racing from Moonee Valley live on Sky Racing World:
Host: Matthew Browning
Analysts: Richard Freeman Ron Dufficy
News: Andrew Bensley
Interviews: Caroline Searcy Peter Donegan
Caller: Greg Miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky won't have on course rights to Vic racing - Friday nights will be part of Racing Live's coverage which means they'll use their own hosts, presumably Richo and Gator.

Cant get the vic races on my computer.. can on my Ipad but not through the app, through a browser, not a great start ....I am annoyed that they have heaps of ads but i like the presenters and the graphics are better than TVN. (even though most at the same). Also the horses i seem to back lose just as much :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant get the vic races on my computer.. can on my Ipad but not through the app, through a browser, not a great start ....I am annoyed that they have heaps of ads but i like the presenters and the graphics are better than TVN. (even though most at the same). Also the horses i seem to back lose just as much :mad:

I only watched a few mins of the new channel, but I found on my pc I was unable to load the video through the chrome browser. I tried disabling ad block but that has no effect. Worked well in internet explorer though. Quality seemed better than the old racing network.

Worked fine on the android tablet as well through the browser. Not interested in watching long sessons at pc or on tablet though.

Maybe I'm just used to the format but I reckon Racing Live's coverage shits all over Sky World's. Will be interesting to see how they manage to pad it out when they're only covering 1 meeting, but should be ok.

Can't wait to get out to Racing.com Park (new Pakenham). The wraps on the track/amenities are Deep Field/All Too Hardesque...

When I try watching a replay in chrome or IE it brings up the black video box but doesn't seem to load anything - anyone else had this problem?

Edit - downloaded the ipad app which works fine.

Last edited:
Just watching the trials live now on Sky World with Richard Haynes and Gavin Carmody.

Not too bad at all, good depth and discussion. Wondering if this is only for the Autumn carnival or if they will be continuing with this through out the year?

Good to see Sky picking up a bit after TVN's exit with some more depth here.

Yesterday's coverage with Radley and Scourse was still bash your head against the wall stuff. Hate how they focus on the tote prices (yes i know Sky is TAB operated) rather than the on course flucs which is much more important to punters.

So looks like racing.com is just the vic version of tvn with different coloured graphics. The racingnsw website is streaming skyworld. The NSW mounting yard guy has an insufferable croaky voice. I don't bet in queensland, so don't care, but they did show Ipswich coverage too. I'm waiting to see what else they cover and what they black out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back