Vic & NSW live online raceday coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

I only watch online but it becomes a pain in the arse switching between racing.com and racingnsw and then I'll have an occasional bet in Adelaide or Tassie and for those I then have to add the tab website to the juggle.
agree, i mainly watch it online too. i have it on the Tab and Racing.com. Apparently horses on racing.com don't win, they "get the job done". I want to scream every time a racing pundit says that which is after every race.

I only watch online but it becomes a pain in the arse switching between racing.com and racingnsw and then I'll have an occasional bet in Adelaide or Tassie and for those I then have to add the tab website to the juggle.
Give RNSW site the ass and just have racing.com and Sky Media player open.

Can flick between Sky TBCentral and 1/2 if you wanna have an Adelaide bet or something.

Give RNSW site the ass and just have racing.com and Sky Media player open.

Can flick between Sky TBCentral and 1/2 if you wanna have an Adelaide bet or something.

I don't know if TAB/SKY will get shitty if you stream from them all day when you are not betting with them, that's sort of my main thinking using rnsw instead and keeping tab for the others when necessary.

I don't know if TAB/SKY will get shitty if you stream from them all day when you are not betting with them, that's sort of my main thinking using rnsw instead and keeping tab for the others when necessary.
If your PC can handle it, no dramas. 2 players is about as much as I can handle lol.

Personally I've been whoring their media player for months without massive turnover and all they sent me was a bonus bet :$ :thumbsu:

Racing.com is also streaming Victorian racing but for most that has become an extremely expensive pastime due to due to high data requirements.

o_Oo_O Anyone that's extremely expensive for couldnt afford Sky anyway

This is an issue that doesnt really bother me one way or the other but having a free to air racing channel would be great so im happy to go through this little down period if that's the end result

Both the options of broadcaster stink so its not like it really matters for the real horse racing punter anyway. Nothing against RV, i understand they have to make a buck in the end and i admire them for holding out as long as they have from the clowns who run Sky in Sydney.

Id side with free to air tv purely for the exposure, but the marquee crosses and fashion tips i care even less about than sky ratings and tab fixed prices updates from Glen Munsie.

Will racing.com still broadcast races with their own people and current set up or be forced to use a simulcast type arrangement through the broadcaster who wins the contract?

If Sky wins the rights, will racing.com even be able to broadcast at all?

Last edited:
Where is the Victorian Minister for Racing and why has he not intervened in the dispute? The TV media rights war between Racing Victoria and Tabcorp has made racing look like a laughing stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id side with free to air tv purely for the exposure, but the marquee crosses and fashion tips i care even less about than sky ratings and tab fixed prices updates from Glen Munsie.

How terrible are their market movers? You can see from the flucs on screen with your own eyes that they are bullshitting you. You've missed the price already if you follow that sort of thing but at least when TVN did it they did actually nominate a horse that had tightened up on course.

Will racing.com still broadcast races with their own people and current set up or be forced to use a simulcast type arrangement through the broadcaster who wins the contract?

If Sky wins the rights, will racing.com even be able to broadcast at all?

i am pretty sure that racing.com has the internet rights and will broadcast no matter what. MY only beef with that is that vision is delayed about 20 to 30 seconds from race time. But in the end that has probably saved me money when i put my bets on!!

Can you imagine what would happen if all this (racing broadcast war) occurred during the busiest time of the racing year-the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival?

Can you imagine what would happen if all this (racing broadcast war) occurred during the busiest time of the racing year-the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival?

Key word there, because it would never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may not be a bad thing to have the bunfight between Racing Victoria and Tabcorp over the TV rights happening now and not at the busiest time of the year, which is the Spring Racing Carnival. Can we expect to see a legal challenge between RV and Tabcorp over these issues happening down the track, possibly in the Supreme court?

If ever there was a need to have a national racing commission in place, it is right now.
A National Racing Commission could've resolved the disputes between Racing Victoria and TABCORP over the TV rights, and handling the situation themselves.

If ever there was a need to have a national racing commission in place, it is right now.
A National Racing Commission could've resolved the disputes between Racing Victoria and TABCORP over the TV rights, and handling the situation themselves.

How? RV have done a brilliant job through this imo

Channel 7 already show the spring carnival so if tabcorp pulled the victorian coverage on sky they would only be burning themselves at that time of year. The issue at the moment is the time it would take c7 to implement a dedicated channel whereas at spring time they would already have everything in place to cover the major meetings at a minimum.

http://www.racing.com/news/2015-06-14/blackout-threat-galvanises-industry

tl;dr quotes:

The Victorian industry would be looking at an official launch of the racing.com channel 78 during the spring carnival, with the likely official launch being on Memsie Stakes Day on August 29. However, they are prepared to carry the racing.com Racing Live coverage from Tuesday so that Victorian racing is not lost to customers around Australia.

It is understood that the coverage of racing.com channel 78 would have an appropriate budget for all meetings, providing a minimum standard of coverage every day of the week, no matter region, that would meet what was considered the benchmark of recent years – coverage of Moonee Valley Friday night meetings on TVN. This would then be expanded for the premium meetings during the week, principally the metropolitan programs.

http://www.ozrace.com.au/blackout-begins-for-victorian-racing/

What a mess. Just so many vested interests.

Whilst a fulltime FTA channel sounds great… it’s Vic racing only. That’s not best for the industry. A national body is required.

Look at it from a punters / followers point of view.

Perhaps if the ATC werent so spineless we could have had both Melbourne and Sydney racing on free to air just like we had on TVN.

Sky wouldnt be able to use the attempted standover tactics like they are now with their two major turnover and revenue streams siding together. They would be forced to play ball instead of trying to monopolise the market with their pathetic excuse for racing coverage.

No competition is the reason we are in this stupid situation to begin with. Racing NSW can GAGF.

If ever there was a need for a National Racing Board to oversee things like coordination of racing carnivals in each capital city, a National tote and control of TV rights, it's right now. Have 2 representatives from each of the 6 states & one from ACT and NT, with the chairman appointed by the Australian Sports Commission.

If ever there was a need for a National Racing Board to oversee things like coordination of racing carnivals in each capital city, a National tote and control of TV rights, it's right now. Have 2 representatives from each of the 6 states & one from ACT and NT, with the chairman appointed by the Australian Sports Commission.

Such a huge $ industry and with such a huge potential for corruption etc, it's amazing the federal government hasn't out their foot down and established a commission.

Needs to cover integrity, laws,wagering, TV rights and licensing.

And when you have favorites balloted out of feature races in QLD ,when they use the antiquated system of prizemoney,rather than benchmark ratings. The industry has many unresolved issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back