Vicky Park's 2016 Collingwood Hair Do Review

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a truth universally acknowledged that carefully coiffed hair equates with careful pre-season preparation. The man who takes pride in his hair also takes pride in his football. The pre-season do is a strong indicator of footy season performance.

So, due to popular demand, the 2016 Pies players' hair do review returns. It is also the season of the photo-shoot, with the boys all looking their best and showing off their new dos.

Optimism reigns, before the demands of actually playing footy cause a rethink and change of hair style.

Who can forget Pendle's infamous early season dreads of 2012? They didn't last long.

This year, in preparing this thread, I've actually done some research to ensure I use the correct hair-dressing terms. I'm now right up there with Knightmare in terms of professional thread preparation.:D

We may see the undercut, man bun, top knot, the fade (much favoured by some of our lads), the pompadour (sadly also favoured), the classic with side part (it never dies) and the short back and sides (this one needs a better name).

And the big questions of 2016:

Is the bearded hipster look finished? Run its course? Gone the way of the substitute? (Caff? Caff?)

Will Broomhead continue to disappoint in the (unruly) hair department?

Who will step up, Maxy style, now that The Seed and Karnesis have departed? Some of you might miss Seedsman's outside flair in 2016, or Patty K's unerring shots on goal. But I will miss their hair dos.:cry: They were innovative, brave, hard at it...in the hair salon (wish the lads all the best).

Will Bucks finally cast aside the hair product, and look his age?

Who will win out of Witts versus Grundy? Not the no. 1 ruck spot, but the best big man do. Wittsy is out in front ATM, as Grundy makes no effort whatsoever, unless his messy disheveled look is carefully orchestrated. Is Mason Cox even in this discussion?

But first up I give you Adam Treloar

415970.jpg

Ok, its a pompadour, described by my impeccable source as being 'characterised by tightly held down sides with a large volume on the top that gradually recedes as you move towards the back'.

But look carefully. The do is perfectly balanced, just like the player. It is poised, but ready to spring. I like it. A great debut effort by Treloar.

Other pompadours?

160129_portrait7.jpg

Not bad Marley. Could provide some protective cushioning to that hard nut of his.

160129_portrait5.jpg

Not quite Jeremy. You need some assistance. Have a word to Adam.

Further installments to follow...

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-29_6-8-11.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-29_6-8-11.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 62
  • upload_2016-1-29_18-29-40.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-29_18-29-40.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 65
I've already flagged an issue I have with Grundy. Today's photo from the Pies website confirms my concerns.

160129_portrait4.jpg

What is there to say? Lanky. Stringy. Unruly. This is a bad sign. I'm calling it now, Wittsy to take over the no. 1 ruck spot.

The skipper. This is the haircut of a happy domesticated man, someone who no longer visits the stylist. Hell, he may even have let Alex cut it! Its not a hair do, its just hair. But it augurs well, with such domestic harmony, what else could be in store? Baby Pendles? As fans we should rejoice in this 'happy man' haircut.

160129_portrait1.jpg

You could try smiling Jamie. Just once. Especially as you have mastered 'the fade', which sort of fades away from the top to the bottom of your noggin. You've had this for a while. Time for a change?

160129_portrait3.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is ******* hilarious, Jack Crisp might not have the best hair-do, but he has the best wag, and that's what counts...

I think Adams is a bit confused. Not sure if he wants a pompadour or 'the fade'. But I'm confident he'll sort it out before the season starts. His determination to settle on a distinct do will be matched by his determination on the field.

415954.jpg

Broomy. I suppose there's a hair style in there somewhere.

415875.jpg
Broomy's confused. He wants to get rid of those baby curls but he's not quite got the courage to really 'let go'
Leap off that cliff
He's still deciding if he's going to step us this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts could just about do the Art Garfunkel if he puts his mind to it.

I'm quite liking this look of Wittsy. Its not styled at all. Very natural and wind blown. But it screams 'I'm coming after you, Grundy'.

images

Last edited:
Love the photo's and thread. Although and it should be noted that genetics play a huge part in our 'type/physical' structure.

Take the hair for example, some will be able to grow a mass amount of hair whereas folk like Reidy, will most likely have a shorter hairline.

But anyway, continue on.. :) :thumbsu:

Tim Golds. The forgotten man. The forgettable hair do. I think his mum styles it for him, not that there's anything wrong with that.

141218_goldsprofile.jpg
He's channeling his best Bob Murphy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back