State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good win. With Siddle also leaving for the test squad we should go with this side IMO:

Dean
Quiney
Stoinis
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade (c)
Harper (+)
Hastings
Boland
Tremain
Grimwade

Ahmed is bowling too poorly to get reselected and I really don't see the point in playing Christian when we have Hastings and Boland as similar types of bowlers.

Ahmed was terrific before the big bash break...seems to struggle to re adjust. I'm sure he will be fine

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
I suppose its looking for a first class standard ground that's neutral when the MCG is unavailable and until the Junction is ready.

I get the feeling they may be looking to host the final there this year if they keep top spot

The final will be at the MCG if we are hosting it. Last year was a one off due to the World Cup.

Playing in Alice Springs is just this 'growing the game' crap I think.

The final will be at the MCG if we are hosting it. Last year was a one off due to the World Cup.

Playing in Alice Springs is just this 'growing the game' crap I think.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cric...w-match-to-alice-springs-20160127-gmf8xb.html

Nope. Looking like another neutral final should we earn the right to host.

The final-round match between the Bushrangers and New South Wales was to be the last match of the season at the MCG, before it returns to football mode for the AFL season. That match, to begin on March 15, will instead be played at Traeger Park in Alice Springs. While the agreement between Cricket Victoria and the Northern Territory government, to which Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW are said to be amenable to, is only for that one match it seems likely that if the first-placed Bushrangers are still atop the ladder after that match they will lobby to play the final in Alice Springs.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cric...w-match-to-alice-springs-20160127-gmf8xb.html

The final-round match between the Bushrangers and New South Wales was to be the last match of the season at the MCG, before it returns to football mode for the AFL season. That match, to begin on March 15, will instead be played at Traeger Park in Alice Springs. While the agreement between Cricket Victoria and the Northern Territory government, to which Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW are said to be amenable to, is only for that one match it seems likely that if the first-placed Bushrangers are still atop the ladder after that match they will lobby to play the final in Alice Springs.
What a joke.

Suck it up. Finish first or quit crying...
I think it's more of a joke that despite the fact they've earnt the right to a home final, which in my book, if they marketed it for once, they might actually get a semi-decent crowd. Instead, they'll be playing in Alice Springs.

I think it's more of a joke that despite the fact they've earnt the right to a home final, which in my book, if they marketed it for once, they might actually get a semi-decent crowd. Instead, they'll be playing in Alice Springs.
Well you lobby the gov't to get the Junction Oval ready quicker or the AFL to get it's stinking mitts off the MCG.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur

:confused: Not my understanding of the situation at all.

Oh well, if it rattles the cages of the Western Australians again I guess it will be worth it :D :p :thumbsu:

:confused: Not my understanding of the situation at all.

Oh well, if it rattles the cages of the Western Australians again I guess it will be worth it :D :p :thumbsu:
Pffft! Getting ahead of themselves to get rattled given they're 5th out of 6 :$

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The worst thing about Alice Springs is that from a growing the game perspective it isn't even that good a choice.

1. The population is only 25,000 so it's like half of Wagga Wagga, a third of Mackay and a 20th of Newcastle.

And the others also have many nearby small towns so have a pretty good catchment area.

Should have picked Canberra or some place like that.

Actually should have just picked Wagga Wagga. Nothing would embarrass a Victorian government into speeding things up more than having to host New South Wales in New South Wales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
As if we'll do that. We'll pick a neutral ground, make it a hot place to wear down the side needing to take 20 wickets.

0 ****s given.

Nah. Talking about the next regular season shield game.

For the final just get some portable nets and fencing and play it on the Hume Highway

Ahmed was terrific before the big bash break...seems to struggle to re adjust. I'm sure he will be fine
Terrific? He was far from it. Was getting hammered by everyone that wasn't WA

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
So should Wade drop the gloves and let Harper keep for the rest of the season? The Victorian 2nd XI has now played 4 different keepers this season - Ayre, Kight, Harper & Banthorp (Ayre has played every game, three purely as a batsman). Add Wade and Handscomb who have also kept this season I sense CV are trailing keepers for next season onwards.

Matt loves Essendon

All Australian
Jul 9, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vic Bushrangers, Melbourne Stars
Dropping the gloves is the only way back into the Australian set up for Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back