State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Win the next game and we can pencil in a final. 7.22 points ahead of SA. increase that by at least 5 points and it makes it an even 2 games ahead of them.

So should Wade drop the gloves and let Harper keep for the rest of the season? The Victorian 2nd XI has now played 4 different keepers this season - Ayre, Kight, Harper & Banthorp (Ayre has played every game, three purely as a batsman). Add Wade and Handscomb who have also kept this season I sense CV are trailing keepers for next season onwards.
latest

this just in, Wade is moving back to Tassie next season ;)

12 man squad to face SA starting on Sunday at AO (D/N pink ball Shield Match):

Commonwealth Bank Bushrangers squad

Matthew Wade (C)
Fawad Ahmed
Scott Boland
Dan Christian
Travis Dean
Peter Handscomb
Glenn Maxwell
Clint McKay
Rob Quiney
Jake Reed
Marcus Stoinis
Chris Tremain

IN: Wade, Boland, Stoinis, Maxwell
OUT: I.Holland, Harper, White.

John Hastings is being rested.

What is it with Victorian bowlers all needing resting? Yet Hazelwood can play all the ODIs, play the 2 test matches then go to the World T20 all without a break...
Hazlewood hadn't played a game for 3 and a half weeks before the ODI's in NZ.

Would have preferred Harper to play, and very disappointed that Ahmed gets selected again despite having bowled absolute tripe all season.

Cricket Australia have confirmed if Victoria finish first they will host the final in Alice Springs.

SA will host at Glenelg and NSW looking to use Coffs Harbour. GABBA, WACA and Bellerive for QLD, WA and TAS.

Getting ridiculous now if Cricket can't have access to 3/4 grounds they share with Footy for the final especially given Footy has pushed the cricket season back a week at the start and now cutting into the end of cricket season as well...

Cricket Australia have confirmed if Victoria finish first they will host the final in Alice Springs.

SA will host at Glenelg and NSW looking to use Coffs Harbour. GABBA, WACA and Bellerive for QLD, WA and TAS.

Getting ridiculous now if Cricket can't have access to 3/4 grounds they share with Footy for the final especially given Footy has pushed the cricket season back a week at the start and now cutting into the end of cricket season as well...

Saw that. Really don't understand this at all. Cricket has always had the MCG until the season is finished, when did this change and why? We were told last year was an exception due to the WC and yet the same thing is happening again this year. I feel for the players who surely deserve to play at their home ground, most of them usually say the best thing about playing at this level is getting to play at the MCG. Treating them with disrespect IMO to be sending them all round the country to play home matches, especially a home final.

Last edited:
Saw that. Really don't understand this at all. Cricket has always had the MCG until the season is finished, when did this change and why? We were told last year was an exception due to the WC and yet the same thing is happening again this year. I feel for the players who surely deserves to play at their home ground, most of them usually say the best thing about playing at this level is getting to play at the MCG. Treating them with disrespect IMO to be sending them all round the country to play home matches, especially a homebfinal.

The AFL is starting a week earlier and have obviously been given preference over those venues...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this might be a tad early but here is this years squad, what changes do you think will be made for season 16/17? (Italics = rookie, bold = CA). Also I'm unaware of the current contract status for players.

Fawad Ahmed
Ben Ashkenazi (gone)
Aaron Ayre (gone)

Scott Boland
Dan Christian
Travis Dean
Aaron Finch
Seb Gotch
Peter Handscomb
Sam Harper (upgrade)
John Hastings
Ian Holland
Jon Holland (gone) - only plays in ODDs
Glenn Maxwell
Clint McKay (gone)
James Muirhead (gone)
James Pattinson
Robert Quiney
Jake Reed
Matt Short
Peter Siddle
Ryan Sidebottom
Marcus Stoinis
Chris Tremain
Matthew Wade
Guy Walker (upgrade)
Cameron White (gone)

I know this might be a tad early but here is this years squad, what changes do you think will be made for season 16/17? (Italics = rookie, bold = CA). Also I'm unaware of the current contract status for players.

Fawad Ahmed
Ben Ashkenazi (gone)
Aaron Ayre (gone)

Scott Boland
Dan Christian
Travis Dean
Aaron Finch
Seb Gotch
Peter Handscomb
Sam Harper (upgrade)
John Hastings
Ian Holland
Jon Holland (gone) - only plays in ODDs
Glenn Maxwell
Clint McKay (gone)
James Muirhead (gone)
James Pattinson
Robert Quiney
Jake Reed
Matt Short
Peter Siddle
Ryan Sidebottom
Marcus Stoinis
Chris Tremain
Matthew Wade
Guy Walker (upgrade)
Cameron White (gone)
Muirhead still has a year on his contract IIRC. Ayre I reckon might get another year. Otherwise pretty much spot on.

Yer I wasn't seriously thinking they were trying to derail us. Annoying that they have such little care about the Shield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back